Laboratory services at Apollo Speciality Hospital, Jayanagar provide service 24 hours a day and 7 days a week with a primary focus that ‘patients come first’, reporting results that help provide answers for physicians and patients. Through the application of leading-edge technology, the laboratory services at Apollo hospitals prides itself on providing rapid turnaround time, affordable inpatient & outpatient testing and superior customer service.
Our Quality Policy
We the members of Apollo lab are committed to provide our patients the best clinical care by ensuring accurate and on time results using processes, methods and technology that are consistent with the best practises in the world.
Laboratory services at Apollo hospitals are NABL (ISO 15189; IEC 2007) accredited and measure quality not simply by accreditation and licensure, but also by how efficiently laboratory results are interpreted and applied to a patient’s clinical situation.
Our quality and standardization programs exceed the high level of testing proficiency and standardization that auditors require.
We strive for continuous quality improvement in all processes and services that support patient care. These are monitored by various Quality indicators that are reviewed regularly by the management and accreditation agencies. We combine the efficiency of automation and Lean principles to simplify and streamline processes.
Sample Collection Service
The outpatient sample collection service is located on the level one, behind the front lobby. The Outpatient Laboratory service is open on all days:
- Monday through Saturday – 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Sundays – 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Outpatient Sample collection facility is also available at the emergency department beyond the working hours of the OP sample collection service.
The results will be available according to the Turn Around Time mentioned in the directory of services, at the report despatch counter on level one. Results are also available on the Apollo prism website for registered users.
The laboratory performs all routine test and most of the specialized tests in-house. The laboratory services at Apollo hospitals serve its clients by selecting and using accredited, licensed reference laboratories to perform those very rare tests not available at Apollo hospitals.
Clinical Microbiology And Serology
The Division of Clinical Microbiology at Apollo hospitals offers a broad selection of tests designed for rapid identification of the causative agents of infectious diseases and prompt reporting of results. Our laboratory has implemented culture techniques, and immunoassays for rapid detection and identification of common as well as unusual microbial pathogens. Serologic testing is also available for confirmation of infections by demonstrating the presence of specific antibody responses.
- The department is actively involved in infection control activities of the hospital.
- Complete range of organism identification and susceptibility testing for bacteria, mycobacteria and fungi.
- Expert consultants in areas of bacteriology, mycology, mycobacteriology, virology (including HIV and hepatitis viruses), and infectious disease serology.
- Qualitative and quantitative detection of hepatitis B virus
- Consolidated Infectious Disease Serology Laboratory (bacterial and viral infections).
- Immunoassays for the diagnosis of Rota virus antigens in stool.
The Biochemistry department is a third generation laboratory, well-equipped with latest state of the art technology to perform not only the routine biochemical tests but also a wide variety of super specialized investigations such as tumour markers , therapeutic drug monitoring , screening tests for foetal anomalies, cardiac markers and many more. Special emphasis is given on quality by maintaining uncompromising stringent control protocols.
Metabolic Diseases Laboratory
- Genetic disorders play an increasingly greater role in clinical medicine. In the aggregate, 6% to 8% of diseases among hospitalized children have been ascribed to Mendelian traits inherited as single gene defects. Hundreds of inborn errors of metabolism (IEM) have been identified to date, primarily through the detection of endogenous metabolites abnormally accumulated in biological fluids and tissues.
- The clinical impact of biochemical genetics is driven by the constant expansion of the number of metabolites and enzyme activities that can be assayed in human body fluids and tissues for diagnostic purposes. Consequently, testing for hereditary metabolic disorders has developed from a highly specialized and fragmented activity, provided mostly by research-oriented scientists, to a critical component at the forefront of the laboratory work-up of patients of all ages.
- The Apollo hospitals metabolic diseases Laboratory has a mission to provide biochemical testing and result interpretation and consultation of the highest quality for the diagnosis, study, and clinical care of patients with a broad spectrum of IEM.
- The laboratory offers close to 150 procedures for the screening, biochemical diagnosis, and carrier detection.
The Coagulation Laboratory has extensive experience in providing high-quality haemostatic testing and interpretation of results. In addition to experience and quality, our strength especially results from the expertise of our staff,which include
- Physician director(Haematopathologist) with expertise and interest in laboratory haemostasis and thrombosis to provide test panel interpretation and consultation.
- Clinical technical coagulation specialist available to assist clients with questions regarding appropriate testing, specimen requirements, and interpretation of results
- Highly qualified laboratory personnel.
- Electronic reporting of test results and interpretations.
Morphologic consultations for peripheral blood and bone marrow disorders, as well as a variety of other diagnostic assays are available. We also provide facilities for the diagnosis of disorders that affect erythrocytes, leukocytes and platelets.
Example disorders include
- Hereditary haemolytic disorders.
- Morphological abnormalities of blood cells.
The consulting staff in the Division of Anatomic Pathology has expertise in surgical pathology, cytopathology and immunohistochemistry as well as a wide range of subspecialty areas like oncopathology, neuropathology and gynaec pathology to support the consultative practice.
- Rapid turnaround time.
- State- of – the- art Technology.
- Competitive fees.