Dr Shivalingaswamy joined the Apollo group in 2019 as an Associate Consultant. He completed his medical school from JJM Medical College, Davangere, Karnataka, residency in pulmonary medicine (MD) from JSS Medical College, Mysore. He has previously worked as an Associate professor at Rajarajeshwari Medical College. He has over 7 years experience in the field of Pulmonology.
His areas of interest include Interventional Pulmonology, COPD, Pleural diseases, Lung cancer and critical care. He has an experience of training post graduate residents in the field of Pulmonology. He is a member of the Indian Chest Society, European Respiratory society, American Thoracic society, American College of Chest Physicians.
- Worked as Consultant Pulmonologist at Sagar Hospital, Tilaknagar, Jayanagar, Bengaluru
- Worked as Assistant Professor, Dept. Of Pulmonary Medicine, Rajarajeshwari Medical College and Hospital, Bengaluru
- Undergraduate (MBBS) teaching in JSS Hospital, Mysore
- Sc Respiratory Therapy teaching in JSS Hospital, Mysore
- Assistant Professor, 4 years’ Post-graduate (MD-Pulmonology) teaching experience at Rajarajeshwari Medical College and Hospital, Bangalore
- 4 years Undergraduate (MBBS) teaching experience at Rajarajeshwari Medical College and Hospital, Bangalore
- M.B.B.S. from JJM Medical College, Davanagere, Karnataka
- MD – Pulmonary Medicine from JSS Medical College, Mysore, Karnataka
- Pulmonary Medicine and Critical Care
- Thoracic Oncology
- Sleep Medicine
- Bronchoscopy and Interventional Pulmonology
- Pulmonary Function Testing
Research and Publications:
- International Publications: 3 and National Publications: 2
- Shivalingaswamy Salimath, B.S. Jayaraj, P.A. Mahesh. Epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) expression in non-small cell lung carcinoma (NSCLC) and survival. European Respiratory Journal 2015 Vol.46: PA4255.
- Salimath S, Jayaraj BS, Mahesh PA, Pasha MM, Lokesh KS, Mahendra M., Epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) Protein Expression in Lung cancer and Survival Analysis. Int J Adv Med; DOI: http://dx.org/10.18203/2349-3933.ijam20180001
- Salimath S, Pasha MM et al., Clinicopathological Profile and treatment outcome in Non-Small Cell Lung Carcinoma patients and Six Month Survical Analysis at a tertiary Care Hospital in South India. Indian Journal of Immunology and Respiratory Medicine. June 2018.
- Pasha MM, Salimath S, et al., Serum High Density Lipoprotein and Triglycerides in patients with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. Indian Journal of Immunology and Respiratory Medicine, June 2018. Issn: 2581 – 4214.
- Pasha MM, Salimath S, Mohan Rao KN, et al., Metabolic Syndrome in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Medicine. Int J Adv Med 2018. DOI: http://dx.org/10.18203/2349-3933.ijam20180001
- Heterozygous missense coding variants of olfactory receptor gene OR2AG2 in a large family with asthma. Samarpana Chakraborty, Pushkar Dakle, Anirban Sinha, Sangeetha Vishweswaraiah, Shivalingaswamy Salimath , Y. S. Prakash, Balaram Ghosh , Mohammed Faruq, P.A. Mahesh, Anurag Agrawal (Submitted for Publication in AJRCCM).
- Obstructive lung diseases: Research coordinator in many COPD and Asthma research projects with principal Investigators Dr. Jayaraj BS and Dr.Mahesh PA. These are Collaborative project resulting in good quality publication.
- Metabolonomics in COPD
- Whole genome scanning in large families with asthma
- Burden of obstructive lung Diseases in India (part of global study)
- 5th Generation Cephalosporins in management of Community Acquired Pneumonia 5th Gen Vs 3rd Gen Cephalosporins – Co-ordinator
- Effectiveness of Triple drug combination Vs Double Drug combination of Inhaled medications in management of Chronic Bronchial Asthma ICS/LABA/LAMA Vs ICS/LABA – Co-Investigator
- “Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor expression in Lung Cancer patients and Survival analysis” presented at European Respiratory Society (ERS) International Congress, Amsterdam, Netherlands on 29th September 2015.
- “Long term follow-up of a case of Pulmonary alveolar Microlithiasis: A case report” presented at NAPCON 2014, Agra, India.
- Speaker in many CMEs addressing Pulmonologists, Physicians, General Practitioners and Nursing staff in the last 3 years in the field of Bronchial Asthma, COPD, Respiratory Infections, Tuberculosis, Lung cancer etc.
- Speaker in National conference AIR-O-THON 2018, Bangalore on “Air Pollution and Health Hazards”.
Conferences / Workshops attended:
- European Respiratory Society (ERS) International Congress 2015, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- European Respiratory Society (ERS) International Congress 2016, London, United Kingdom
- European Respiratory Society (ERS) International Congress 2017, Milan, Italy
- European Respiratory Society (ERS) International Congress 2017, Paris, France
- PULMOKARN 2015, 1st State Pulmonologists Conference, Mangalore
- PULMOKARN 2016, 2nd State Pulmonologists Conference, Davanagere
- PULMOKARN 2017, 3rd State Pulmonologists Conference, Bangalore
- PULMOKARN 2017, 4th State Pulmonologists Conference, Mysore
- NAPCON 2014, Agra, India
- ICAAICON 2014, JSSMC, Mysore, Karnataka
- State level Respiratory Emergencies & workshop on Mechanical Ventilators.
- Update on RNTCP.
- Asthma Update
- CME on Pulmonary Update – 2018, at RRMCH, Bangalore
- Hosted a National Conference – ICAAICON 2014, JSSMC, Mysore
Memberships and Associations:
- Member – European Respiratory Society (ERS).
- Member – American College of Chest Physicians (ACCP).
- Member – American Thoracic Society (ATS).
- Member – Indian Chest Society (ICS).
- Member – Indian College of Allergy Asthma and Applied Immunology
- Member – Indian Medical Association.