M.S. ( General Surgery),M.Ch. ( Surgical Gastroenterology)
Consultant Laparoscopic and Surgical Gastroenterology
Dr.Satyajit Godhi is a well known Gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary pancreatic surgeon in Bangalore. Dr.Satyajit Godhi is a product of premier institute of India, Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi, where he completed his M.Ch in Surgical Gastroenterology. He stood first in the Delhi university examination. He has extensive experience in minimal invasive surgeries ranging from basic surgeries like laparoscopic cholecystectomies, hernia surgeries and appendectomies to more advanced laparoscopic procedures like bariatric surgeries, laparoscopic colorectal surgeries and minimal invasive esophagectomies. His special interests include cancer surgeries for esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon ,rectum, liver , pancreas and gallbladder with results comparable to international standards. He is also one of the few surgeons to perform surgeries for chronic pancreatitis with good results. He has presented numerous scientific papers in international and national conferences. He has authored a chapter on “Gall bladder and bile duct” in the Textbook of Surgical Gastroenterology. Dr.Satyajit Godhi has numerous scientific paper publications in national and international journals. He is a well known faculty in the family of Surgical gastroenterologists across India.
- Three years of residency in General Surgery leading to MS(Master of Surgery) from Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College & L.E Hospital and Medical Research Centre, Belagavi, Karnataka, India. This is a tertiary care hospital with 2400 beds and is a referral centre for northern Karnataka and parts of Maharashtra and Goa.The hospital is equipped with the latest technology and gadgets needed to deliver tertiary care and to train residents in all basic specialties and ten super specialties. Trauma Care & Emergency Medical Services is one of the best in the country.
G.B. Pant Hospital, Delhi: Website: www.gbpant.delhigovt.nic.in
- Three years of post-doctoral residency leading to MCh in surgical gastroenterology. The selection is through a National level competitive exam.
- Surgical Gastroenterology training in G.B.Pant Hospital has been recognized as the best in the country.
- This is an internationally recognized tertiary care institution of Delhi government with over 600 beds for heart, brain, gastrointestinal and psychiatric disorders. It provides super specialty services to about 3 lac out patients and 15,000 in patients every year. With a monthly turn over of about 150, and an annual turn over of about 1800 operations, I received adequate hands-on experience in a wide variety of malignant and benign diseases. It has the largest experience in carcinoma of the gallbladder in the world.
- I have also been trained in advanced laparoscopic surgeries in upper GI cancers , lower GI cancers and hepato-pancreato-biliary cancers
Apollo Hospital, Bangalore. www.apollohospitalsbangalore.com/
- I have been working in Apollo Hospitals in Bengaluru, India, as Consultant in surgical gastro enterology from Oct,2015 till date
- Apollo group of hospitals is an Indian chain of corporate hospitals. Several of the group’s hospitals have been among the first in India to receive international healthcare accreditationby US based Joint Commission International (JCI).
- Apollo hospitals Bangalore is a 280 bed super-specialty hospital which provides quality health care .
The surgical gastroenterology team, of which I am part, performs an average of 120 surgeries every month ranging from benign conditions like gallstones to malignant conditions like periampullary carcinoma.
- Laparoscopic/ minimal invasive surgeries for gallstones, appendicitis, hernia etc.
- Laparoscopic / minimal invasive surgeries for colorectal disorders like colon/ rectal cancers, rectal proplaspe, ulcerative colitis etc
- Surgeries for chronic pancreatitis , corrosive esophageal strictures
- Surgeries for cancers of esophagus, stomach, colon , rectum, pancreas, liver , gallbladder and bile ducts
- Satyajit godhi and P.K.Mishra. “Gallbladder and bile ducts: Anatomy and physiology”. Textbook of surgical gastroenterology. 577-585
- Sethi Solan,Satyajit, Puri SK. “Papillary Adenocarcinoma in a Gastric Duplication Cyst”. Indian J Surg Oncol.2018 Mar;9(1):79-82.
- Godhi Satyajit, Godhi Ashok, Bhat Ravishankar, Saluja S “Colorectal Cancer: Postoperative Follow-up and Surveillance”. Indian J Surg.2017 Jun;79(3):234-237
- Gaur K1, Mandal S, Mahajan N, Saluja S, Godhi S. “Xanthogranulomatous Pancreatitis -A Rare Case Defying Clinical, Radiological and Tumor Marker Diagnostics with a Review of Literature”. Turk Patoloji Derg.2017 Feb
- Sonali Sethi and Satyajit Godhi. “Complications of Acute Pancreatitis: Imaging Revisited”. EC Gastroenterology and Digestive System 5.4 (2018): 234-242.
- Sonali Sethi and SatyajitGodhi. “Complicated Tubercular Pericarditis Presenting as Ventricular Apical Aneurysm”. Surg Med Open Acc J.1-3
- Satyajit Ashok Godhi, Prithivi Raj Nadi, Sundeep Saluja, Pramod Mishra. “Minimally Invasive Versus Open Pancreaticoduodenectomy for Cancer: Practice Patterns and Short-term Outcomes Among 7061 Patients”. Ann Surg 2015 Jun 23. Epub 2015 Jun 23.
- Satyajit Ashok Godhi, Kunal Parasar, Sundeep Saluja, Pramod Mishra. “Radiological and Surgical Implications of Neoadjuvant Treatment With FOLFIRINOX for Locally Advanced and Borderline Resectable Pancreatic Cancer”.Ann Surg 2015 Jun 23. Epub 2015 Jun 23.
- Geetanjali Gupta, Ravindra Kumar Saran, Satyajit Godhi, Siddharth Srivastava, Sundeep Singh Saluja, Pramod Kumar Mishra. Composite pheochromocytoma masquerading as solid-pseudopapillary neoplasm of pancreas.World J Clin Cases 2015 May;3(5):474-8
- Sundeep Singh Saluja, Raja Kalayarasan, Pramod Kumar Mishra, Siddarth Srivastava, Sandip Chandrasekar, Satyajit Godhi. Chronic pancreatitis with benign biliary obstruction: management issues.World J Surg 2014 Sep;38(9):2455-9
- Satyajit Godhi, Vaibhav Varshney, Sundeep Singh Saluja, Pramod Kumar Mishra. Should Preoperative Chest CT Be Recommended to All Colon Cancer Patients?Ann Surg 2014 Jun 27. Epub 2014 Jun 27.
- Nerli RB, Koura A, Prabha V, Alur SB, Devaraju S, Godhi S, Hiremath MB. Malignant priaprism secondary to osteogenic sarcoma. Indian J Cancer.2011 Jan-Mar;48(1):111-2.
- Rakesh Pandey,Satyajit Godhi,Devendra Jalde, A.S.Godhi. Epithelioid Leiomyosarcoma of greater omentum- case report of a rare tumour.Recent research in science and technology 2011,3(2):131-133.
- Rakesh Pandey, Metgud S.C., Devender Jalde,satyajit Godhi, A.S.Godhi.A randomized controlled trial to assess the efficacy of calcium alginate dressing versus conventional gauze dressing on bacterial load in infected diabetic foot ulcers. Recent advances in science and technology.2011,3(2):126-130.
- C.Pujar, Satyajit Godhi.Laparoscopic excision of intraabdominal esophageal duplication cyst. A case report.Lifeline , 2010 ,8;36-37
- Satyajit Godhi,C.S.Metgud,M.D.Mallapur,A.S.Wantamutte.Prevalence of consanguineous marriage and its effect on pregnancy outcome in a rural area,Journal of scientific society.2009. 36,93-95.
- Satyajit Godhi, Devender Jalde, Ashok Godhi, Aman mahajan, rakesh Pandey, Chandrashekar Madinur. A rare case of squamous cell carcinoma of the scrotum with infilteration into penis.Journal of experimental sciences.2012.3(1):31-32.
- Ashok Godhi, Satyajit Godhi, Devender Jalde,Aman Mahajan, Rakesh pandey, Aditya Patil.Case report multiple gastric adenomatous polyps- a rare occurrence.recent research in science and technology.2012. 4.