MBBS, MS, DNB, FRCS, MCh
Senior Consultant, Surgical Gastroenterology & Liver Transplant Surgeon
+91 997 240 0222
Dr. Ravishankar Bhat, a renowned and respected name in the field of Surgical Gastroenterology is a senior consultant in department of Gastroenterology. He is adept at performing surgical Gastroenterology, Liver transplant, Bariatric surgeries and minimal invasive surgeries.
- In his career span of 11 years, Dr. Ravishankar has so far performed 46 Bariatric surgeries, 59 Liver resections, 56 Porto systemic shunts, 42 whipple’s pancreatico duodenectomy , 63 Lateral pancreatico jejunostomy, 2 cases of lap gastrectomy, 9 cases of lap rectopexy, 10 cases of lap fundoplication, 54 cases of hepatojejunostomies for biliary stricture.
- He has done 2 cases of living donor liver transplantations.
- He has also treated 23 pseudocyst of pancreas, 14 colonic transposition for corrosive stricture oesophagus, 43 cases of oesophagectomy for cancer and 12 cases of laparoscopic anterior resection.
- Surgical Gastroenterology.
- Liver transplant.
- Bariatric surgeries.
- Minimal invasive surgeries.
- Dr. Ravishankar has co-authored several chapters and articles in text books and scientific journals, besides presenting numerous research papers. Some of the papers he has co-authored are:
- Haemorrhagic and Vascular complications of Pancreatitis, in: J.D.Wig (ed.) The Pancreas – by Bhat RS, Dwivedi DN, Chattopadhyay
- Surgeon and HIV infections. Hospital Today – by Dwivedi DN, Bhat RS, Chattopadhyay
- Solid pseudopapillary tumour of pancreas: A rare neoplasm published in the Indian Journal of Surgery. Co-authored by Miglani Ripan K. Nagesh N. S. Murthy Divakar S. Bhat Ravi Shankar , Nayak Raj Sekhar ,Ashok Kumar K.V
- Immunoglobulin G4-associated cholangitis mimicking cholangiocarcinoma in a young boy. Miglani, authored by RK Murthy D, Bhat R, Kumar and published In J Postgrad Med.
- Presentation, Diagnosis and Management of Hemobilia published in Gastroenterology today, co-authored by Bhat RS, Dwivedi DN.
- Dr. Ravishankar has also contributed widely for research projects. Notable among them are:
- Role of octreotide in lower G.I.bleed: A preliminary report of a prospective randomized study. The results of the research was – Octreotide reduces the blood loss, number of bleeding episodes and time taken for the bleeding to stop
- Diagnostic accuracy of computed tomography in advanced carcinoma gall bladder. The research results were -CECT is sensitive in detecting liver infiltration and lymph node involvement. It is specific in identifying liver metastasis, biliary infiltration. CECT is less specific for lymph node involvement.
- He is a recipient of Dr.Mahadevan’s award that was given by the Karnataka state Chapter of Association of surgeon of India. This award was issued at for the paper on surgical management of Portal hypertension.