MBBS, MD (Gen Medicine), DNB (Cardiology)
Senior Consultant, Interventional Cardiology
+91 961 109 9226
Dr. Navasundi is working as a Consultant in the department of Cardiology at Apollo. He has extensive experience of several years in the field of Cardiology.
- Dr. Navasundi has performed over 1700 Angiograms through Femoral, Radial and Ulnar approach.
- He has to his credit of performing 350 Angioplasties both Coronary and Peripheral PDA Coil Closures, ASD Device Closures, IVC Filter deployment 75 temporary Pace Maker Implantation’s, VVI Pace maker Implantation and a DDIR Pace maker Implantation.
- His area of expertise include the usage of IABP, Distal Protection Devices, Covered Stents, IVC Filters, Thrombectomy, Intravascular Thromboysis and Embolectomy, Distal Embolisation and AICD Implantation.
- Dr. Girish Navasundi has presented numerous Research papers and has written for several Journals, these include
- A paper on HYPERKALEMIA, Etiology and ECG Manifestations at API, Mangalore, Karnataka in 1998.
- Another Paper on PRIMARY ANGIOPLASTY AND STENTING EXPERIENCE presented at Indian College of Cardiology, 2003, Mumbai, earned him the second Best Paper Award at the National level.
- His Journal on Coronary Angiogram and Intevention through Transulnar Approach was co-published with Pratap C Rath, Bharat V Purohit, Sitaram and Mallikarjun Reddy, in the Indian Heart Journal.
- Another publication in the Indian Heart Journal was the article on “Transcatheter Closure of Perimembraous Ventricular Septal defect with Amplatzer Membraneous Occluder”. This was co-published by Dr. A R Anil, Dr. Raghavan Dr. Sreekanth, Dr. Sanjay Bhalerao, Dr. R.Nagarajan and Dr. N B Girish.