MBBS, MD, DNB, FRCR (UK), DM
Associate Consultant - Neurovascular & Peripheral Interventions, Diagnostic Neuroradiology
+91 85479 92347
Dr. Chinmay Nagesh is a specialist in minimally invasive neurovascular and peripheral interventions at Apollo Hospitals, Bangalore.
- Chinmay’s expertise consists of minimally invasive endovascular interventional treatment of ischemic stroke, cerebral aneurysms, carotid stenting and embolization of arteriovenous malformations and dural or carotid-cavernous fistulae as well as cerebrovenous interventions.
- He performs endovascular interventions of the chest and abdomen for indications such as bleeding (pulmonary or gastrointestinal), aneurysms, varices and a range of other vascular conditions, percutaneous interventions for vascular malformations and hepatobiliary diseases and is also skilled in performing image guided biopsies and drainages.
- He completed his MBBS from St. John’s Medical College, Bangalore, then his initial training (MD & DNB) in diagnostic and interventional radiology from Lokmanya Tilak (Sion) hospital in Mumbai and pursued his advanced training in neurointerventions from the prestigious central institute of Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology (SCTIMST) in Trivandrum, Kerala. He has also achieved the coveted Fellowship of the Royal College of Radiology, United Kingdom.
- Chinmay has performed several minimal invasive endovascular interventions for stroke (mechanical thrombectomy), aneurysms (coiling, flow diversion), arteriovenous malformations (embolization) and carotid stentings and has an established track record of excellent outcomes.
- He has also performed several peripheral interventions such as bronchial and pulmonary artery embolizations for hemoptysis, embolization for gastrointestinal and visceral hemorrhage, renal and visceral artery and venous stentings, percutaneous biliary drainage and stentings, percutaneous treatment of limb vascular malformations.
- He is also an astute diagnostic Neuroradiologist and has experience with problem solving for complex imaging cases for both adult and paediatric neurological problems.
- Stroke: prevention and management.
- Neurovascular interventions: Stroke mechanical thrombectomy, cerebral aneurysm treatment, carotid stenting, arteriovenous malformations, dural and carotid cavernous fistulae embolization, cerebrovenous interventions, tumor embolizations including retinoblastoma.
- Peripheral interventions: Bronchial and pulmonary artery embolizations, visceral artery embolizations, visceral artery and venous stenting, percutaneous hepatobiliary interventions, percutaneous treatment of superficial vascular malformations.
- Diagnostic Neuroradiology: of complex neurological disorders including advanced imaging studies.
- He is the winner of multiple awards at conferences such as the Indian Society for Vascular Interventional Radiology (ISVIR) and Radiological Society of North America (RSNA).
- He has published more than 20 research articles in indexed international and national journals.
- He has organized /attended various conferences /workshops at both national and international levels.
- He secured the 13th rank for the all-India post-graduate medical entrance examination (AIPGMEE).