MBBS, MD (Gen. Med.), DM Neurology
- Completed MBBS from Bangalore Medical College
- Completed MD-General Medicine from Baroda Medical College
- Completed DM- Neurology from NIMHANS, Bangalore
- Completed 6 months of senior residency in Dept. of Medicine, Baroda Medical College
- Worked as senior registrar in the Dept. of Internal Medicine (as an ICU Registrar) in Sagar Hospital Worked as lecturer in the Dept. of Neurology in St. John’s Medical College
- Worked as senior resident in Neurology in BGS Global Hospitals
- Worked as Junior Consultant in the Department of Neurosciences in Narayana Hrudayalaya Hospital (Independently handled outpatients, inpatients and emergency calls pertaining to neurology)
- Worked as an Assistant Professor of Neurology in Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Worked as a Free Lancing Consultant in various hospitals
- Currently working as an In-House Consultant Neurologist in Sagar Hospitals, Banashankari
- Movement disorders especially Parkinson’s disease, spinocerebellar ataxias etc.
- Well trained in handling almost all types of neurological emergencies, including paediatric emergencies.
- Adequate experience in handling neuro- critical care cases.
- Wide range of experience in handling all possible neurological cases including neurodegenerative cases with special emphasis on movement disorders.
- Expertise in conducting and interpreting neurophysiological tests.
- Capable of handling large volume of patients both in outpatient and emergencies.
Research & Publications:
- A clinical profile of patients with Parkinson’s disease and psychosis.
- Ann Indian Acad Neurol 2014; 17:187-92
MD Dissertation Topic:
- A study of PCR- detectable HBV-DNA in HBsAg positive hepatitis B infection and its clinical correlation.
DM-Neurology Dissertation Topics:
- “Psychosis in Parkinson’s disease”- a cross-sectional case-control study of 130 patients
- “A comparative study of clinical, electrophysiological and radiological profile of genetically positive cases of spinocerebellar ataxias 1,2 and 3.”
Workshops and Conferences:
- Attended a “Research Methodology Workshop” held at NIMHANS in December 2009.
- Actively participated in the “Teaching Course in Movement Disorders”, which was an international conference held in NIMHANS in November 2010.
- Participated in the “Torrent Young Scholar Award Programme 2010” in the Zonal rounds.
- Participated in Indian Academy of Neurology conference held in Pune in September 2011.
- Participated in Indian Academy of Neurology conference held in Ahmedabad in October 2012.
- Actively participated in the “Teaching Course in Movement Disorders”, which was an international conference held in Goa in November 2012.