MBBS, MS (General Surgery) , M.Ch(Urology)
Urology & Andrologist
Dr.Nagaraj Rao is a senior consultant Urologist & Andrologist. So far conducted more than 10,000 major and minor urological operations and trained many post graduates in the field of urology. Got special training in Laser Advanced applications in urology and training in Lapaorscopic surgery.
After obtaining Super-specialisation in the branch of Genitourinary surgery (Urology) joined St. John’s Medical College Hospital as a faculty. Elevated to various levels upto Professor & department head (from 2011-2015). Promoted to senior Professor in 2015 Served the Institution till Dec -2017. Started various services like PCNL, Laparoscopic Urological services, Renal Transplantation etc.
Involved in various departmental activities like:
1. Providing clinical services.
2. Teaching undergraduates, post graduates, post doctoral students, core nursing students.
3. Conducting clinical trials.
4. Conducting Research activities.
5. Administrative responsiblities as head of the department.
6. Examiner for DNB board and various universities.
- SENIOR PROFESSOR IN UROLOGY ST.JOHNS MEDICAL COLLEGE HOSPITAL, BANGALORE FROM AUGUST 2015- TILL DECEMBER 2017
- PROFESSOR & HEAD DEPT. OF UROLOGY ST.JOHNS MEDICAL COLLEGE HOSPITAL, BANGALORE FROM JULY 2011 TO JULY 2015
- PROFESSOR , DEPARTMENT OF UROLOGY,ST.JOHNS MEDICAL COLLEGE HOSPITAL,BANGALORE FROM APRIL 2010 TO JULY 2011
- SENIOR CONSULTANT IN UROLOGY FROM JULY 2009 TO APRIL 2010 ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, UROLOGY, ST.JOHNS MEDICAL COLLEGE HOSPITAL, BANGALORE FROM JULY 2004 TO JUNE 2009 ASSISTANT PROFESSOR IN UROLOGY, ST.JOHNS MEDICAL COLLEGE HOSPITAL, BANGALORE FROM MARCH 2001 TO JUNE 2004
- SENIOR RESIDENT IN UROLOGY, PGIMER, CHANDIGARH,FROM MARCH 1998 TO FEBRUARY 2001
- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR IN GEN.SURGERY, KASTURBA MEDICAL COLLEGE , MANIPAL FROM JANUARY 1997 TO FEBRUARY 1998
- FELLOW IN SURGICAL ONCOLOGY, KMC, MANIPAL, FROM SEPTEMBER 1996 TO DECEMBER 1996
- RESIDENT IN GEN.SURGERY, BOWRING & LADY CURZON HOSPITAL, BANGALORE FROM JANUARY 1993 TO DECEMBER 1995
- Endo urology and minimal invasive surgery (Laparoscopic PCNL)
- Uro-Oncology- Management of kidney cancer, bladder cancer, prostrate cancer, testicular & penile cancer.
- Various Reconstructive rological procedures like Uretroplasty, hypopadias repair, pyeloplasty, neobladder etc.
Certifications & Professional Memberships :
- Urological Society of India
- Association Of Southern Urologists
- Karnataka Urology Association
- President elect for Bangalore Urology Society.
Awards & Achievements :
- Started various services in St John’s Medical College Hospital like PCNL Laparoscopic Urological Surgeries and Renal Transplantation. Served as HOD of Urology Department for 4 years.
- Chairperson/Resource person for various National & zonal conferences & Workshops
- Examiner for Urology Trainees for NBE and various Universities.
- As a Board member of selection of Urology faculty for many Universities and Institutions.
Research & Publications :
- Prevalence of UTI on Community, causative organism & their antibiogram
- Comparison of various biomarkers in bladder cancer
- Comparative study of various Alpha blockers in the management of BPH
- Role of Alfuzosin in the medical expulsive therapy of Ureteric calculi.
- Role of Procalcitonin as a marker in the Urosepsis and its prognostic implications