It is believed at Apollo Hospitals that the first step to cure is accurate diagnosis. Read more about the state-of-the-art diagnostic capabilities at the Institutes of Pulmonology...
Our Pulmonary services cover the entire spectrum of Respiratory Care and Chest Medicine, ranging from lung disease prevention and detection to pharmacologic and interventional treatment. We have specialized Pulmonary medicine expertise with the most sophisticated techniques and technologies available to diagnose and treat many patients with chest and respiratory problems.
The disease spectrum includes the following:
- Airway Disorders such as Asthma, bronchitis, COPD, and Bronchiectesis.
- Pleural diseases such as pleural effusion and pneumothorax
- Interstitial lung Disease (ILD), including Sarcoidosis and IPF
- Pulmonary Vascular disease, including Pulmonary Hypertension, Pulmonary embolism and others
- Sleep Disorders including Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Lung Cancer, and other forms of cancer which affects the lungs
- Shortness of breath due to any cause
- Peri-operative care of patients with lung disease
- Respiratory care of Neuromuscular disease such as motor neuron disease, kyphoscoliosis and so on
- Smoking related lung disorders and smoking prevention.
- Interventional Pulmonology: A unique specialty by itself
Asthma, bronchitis, and other chronic airway disorders
The incidence of asthma, bronchitis, chronic cough, and recurrent respiratory infections and other airway disorders is on the rise in India in general, and urban cities in particular. We are a specialized center for preventive, educational and treatment aspects of asthma, COPD and other airway disorders and provide comprehensive services to take care of these patients.
Sleep Disorders medicine
We provide expertise in diagnosis and management of diseases such as obstructive sleep apnea, and other sleep disorders such as narcolepsy, restless leg syndrome, and insomnia. Our credentials include American Board Certification in Sleep Disorders medicine, and considerable experience with dealing with these disorders in India. These disorders play a major role to hypertension, cardiovascular disease, congestive heart failure, diabetes and stroke, and are strongly under diagnosed and untreated due to lack of knowledge and expertise.