A redo of Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) – A patient with advanced Parkinson’s disease from Mauritius who had DBS done 7 years back had non functional leads. He successfully underwent a redo DBS surgery with good results – a first for Apollo Hospitals.
Spine Surgery Milestones:
- The first to introduce 3rd generation spinal implants in India.
- First hospital in the Asia-Pacific to offer the Renaissance Robotic Technology, the only robotic system specifically designed for spine surgery.
- The first to do a lumbar disc replacement in India.
- Performs the maximum number of spinal deformity corrections in the private health care segment in India.
- Designed anterior stabilization spinal implant which was approved by FDA and is being used now throughout the world.