Pioneers of Illizarov Procedure for limb lengthening and Total Knee Replacement in India, World’s 1st iPod Navigation Hip Resurfacing Surgery, first to perform Birmingham Hip Resurfacing procedure in India having a 99% success rate and more…
- Apollo Hospitals, Chennai restructures shattered pelvic bone in just a day; treats patient who sustained multiple fractures
- Apollo Hospitals, Chennai introduces “the Ideal Knee” – the future of Total Knee Replacement through a new technique – Attune Rotating Platform Knee Replacement, a first of its kind in South India
- Apollo’s Orthopaedics experts are front runners in the management of spinal surgeries in India and are one of the very few centres in Asia which provide robotic spinal intervention
- The Apollo Institutes of Orthopaedics are the First in Asia to offer Robotic Spine Surgery, Robotic rehabilitation (Lokomat – a robotic treadmill and Erigo Robotic Tilt Table)
- First in the Country to offer Total Knee Replacement and Hip replacement surgeries,3rd generation spinal implants, Lumbar disc replacement, Resorbable screw usage to correct congenital spine problems
- India’s First Centre of Excellence in Hip Arthroscopy
- A rare Bone Replacement Surgery performed by Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi, successfully cures an unusual cancer.
- Pioneers of Total Knee Replacement in India
- Were the first to perform Birmingham Hip Resurfacing procedure in India
- The hospital has a 99% success rate for Hip Resurfacing procedure
- Pioneers of Illizarov Procedure for limb lengthening in India
- Revolutionary Ceramic Coated Knee Replacement was performed for the 1st time in South India at Apollo Speciality Hospital, Chennai.
- Resorbable screws were used for the first time in India at Apollo Hospitals Chennai to correct congenital spine problem of a six-year-old child from Tanzania.
- Successfully performed an Arthroscopic Brachial Plexus leading to pain free postoperative recovery after shoulder surgery at Apollo Hospitals Chennai .
- Successful Bilateral Total Knee Arthroplasty in a single sitting was carried out on a 93-year old man, at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi.
- World’s 1st iPod Navigation Hip Resurfacing Surgery was successfully performed at Apollo Speciality Hospitals, Chennai.
- Apollo Health City, Hyderabad performed the First bilateral (on both the knees) revolutionary Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement (Resurface) Surgery (MIKRS) using OrthoGlide Medial Knee system.