Know your heart
Learn about the diet required to maintain healthy bones, the deformities of the lower limbs, arthritis, rheumatis, osteoporosis, slipped disc and many more…
- What Are The Risks Of Total Hip Replacement?
- What Are The Risks Of Total Knee Replacement?
- What Is Hip Joint?
- What Can Be Expected Of a Total Hip Replacement?
- What Can I Expect From an Artificial Knee?
- What Is An ACL Reconstruction?
- What Is An Arthroscopy?
- What Is Knee Joint?
- When Do We Consider Total Hip Replacements?
- Who Is The Candidate For Knee Replacement Surgery?
What Are The Risks Of Total Knee Replacement?
Total Knee Replacement is a major operation. In spite of all precautions some complications are encountered in clinical practice. The most common complications are
- Blood clots in legs.
- Blood clots in lungs.
- Post operative blood loss may require transfusion.
Complications affecting the knee are less common, they are
- Loosening of the prosthesis.
- Knee Stiffness.
- Infection in the knee.