Andrology is the medical specialty that deals with Male health, Evaluation of Male fertility (Ability to have children) and Potency (Ability to have intercourse)
Evaluation and treatment of Male fertility (Ability to have children)
1. Semen Analysis
2. Hormonal evaluation
3. Doppler ultrasound evaluation for varicocele
4. Antisperm antibody testing
5. Strict criteria morphology (Krueger)
6. Sperm viability testing
7. Specimen preparation for intrauterine insemination (IUI)
8. Sperm cryopreservation
9. Surgical sperm retrieval by PESA/TESA/TESE/Micro dissection TESE
10. Assessment and medical treatment for male sexual problems
11. Sperm processing trials for planning for IVF cycles
Evaluation and treatment of Potency (Ability to have intercourse)
Sexual problems belong to the group of conditions known as psychosomatic disorders, in which the body expresses the distress via a symptom, such as low libido. Symptoms can be the result of physical (somatic) and/or psychological/relationship factors.
All psychosexual problems can be “primary”, meaning that the problem has been there since the start of sexual experience, or “secondary”, when there was a period of normal functioning before the problem began.
The most common male sexual problems are:
1. Premature ejaculation
2. Erectile dysfunction.
3. Peyronie’s disease
4. Low libido
5. Ejaculation problems including retrograde, delayed and painful ejaculation.
Center of excellence in Testicular and Penile Prosthesis:
Testicular prostheses are silicone and plastic ovoid’s implanted in the scrotum. These provide the appearance and feel of testes and prevent shrinking of scrotum.
Penile prosthesis are cylindrical structures either semi rigid or inflatable silicone implants placed in penis to achieve successful penetrative intercourse.