What used to be General & GI Surgery has now become a highly specialized departments that offers latest technology, operation techniques and management protocols for some of the commonest diseases of mankind.
Diseases range from simple gastrointestinal surgery for appendicitis to advanced surgeries like laparoscopic gastric bypass, ileo-anal pouches, thymectomy etc. Between this range lies evidence based treatment for gall bladder stones, hernias, ano-rectal diseases.
The General and Laparoscopic Surgery Department at Apollo Hospitals Bangalore, is equipped with the latest technology and infrastructure, supported by an experienced team of surgeons. The department specializes in performing all major surgeries involving abdomen, skin, breast, soft tissues, and hernia. Laparoscopic surgery is also known as key-hole surgery or minimally invasive surgery. It is widely used in gynaecology, gastroenterology and urology. Patients receive specialized assessment, latest treatments along with clinical post-operative care, medications and a regular follow-up. The advantages of this technique over traditional open surgery include a shorter hospital stay and faster recovery time; less pain and bleeding after the operation; and reduced scarring.
SERVICES & FACILITY
- Operating room tables and equipment to suit the obese patients
- Retractors designed for bariatric surgical procedures
- Specially designed stapling instruments and surgical instruments
- Special postoperative wards equipped for the complete care of obese patients
- Intensive care unit that suit the requirements of the obese patients
- Follow-up care facilities including rehabilitation facilities, psychiatric care, and nutritional counseling.
TREATMENT & PROCEDURES
- Laparoscopic Banded Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic Mini Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Laparoscopic Banded Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic Gastric Banding Surgery
- Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Laparoscopic Ileal Interposition with Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic Diverted Interposition Surgery
- Hand-Assisted Laparoscopic Surgery
- weight loss surgery in India Inguinal Hernia
- Laparoscopic Inguinal Hernia Mesh Repair
- TEP – Total Extra Peritoneal Repair
- TAAP – Trans Abdominal Pre-peritonial Repair
- Laparoscopic Umbilical Hernia Mesh Repair
- Laparoscopic Ventral Hernia Mesh Repair
- Laparoscopic Incisional Hernia Mesh Repair
- Laparoscopic Hiatal Hernia Repair
- Laparoscopic Hellers Cardiomyotomy for achalasia cardia
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Laparoscopic Appendicectomy