All types of hormonal tests are done in our laboratory. Some hormonal tests are done over a period of 2-3 hours and require the patient to be admitted for a short stay. Some of the special hormonal tests which we do are listed here.
- Growth hormone stimulation test.
- ACTH stimulation test (Synacthen test).
- TRH stimulation test.
- GnRH analogue stimulation test.
- HCG stimulation test.
- Glucose tolerance test.
- Hand X-ray for bone age estimation.
- Ultrasound scan facilities.
Special scan to see the thyroid gland.
Newborn screening helps to diagnose disorders such as congenital hypothyroidism, G6PD deficiency, congenital adrenal hyperplasia, phenylketonuria and cystic fibrosis. This test is done for the newborns 72 hours after birth (sometimes cord blood is taken). A few drops of blood is taken on a filter paper after a gentle heel prick and sent for the test. It is worth doing it for all the newborns, mainly for early diagnosis of congenital hypothyroidism. This condition, if not treated early may lead to developmental delay and poor IQ in children.
Community outreach programs
- We conduct health camps such as obesity camp, diabetes camp and short stature screening camp.
- Educational talks at schools.