Interventional Paediatric pulmonology is a new State-of the-art field within Paediatric Pulmonary medicine that focuses on the use of advanced diagnostic and therapeutic techniques to treat patients with benign airway disorders, pleural diseases. These complex procedures include both diagnostic and advanced therapeutic interventions, and are at the cutting edge of both diagnostic and therapeutic bronchoscopy and thoracoscopy. We are a specialized center for Paediatric Interventional Pumonology.
Diagnostic bronchoscopy services offered for:
- Persistent wheezing
- Persistent or recurring atelectasis
- Persistent or recurring pneumonias
- Localized hyperlucency due to intrinsic (foreign body, bronchomalacia, granulation tissue) or extrinsic obstruction (adenopathies, aberrant vessels, congenital or acquired mediastinal mass)
- Bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) and biopsy samples.
- Aspiration of secretions
- Foreign body
Interventional procedures offered:
- Esophageal ultrasound – Bronchoscopic – Fine needle aspiration (EUS-B-FNA)
- Endobronchial Ultrasound (EBUS) guided transbronchial needle aspiration and biopsy
- Endo-bronchial and Transbronchial biopsy for diagnosis of diseases such as TB, sarcoidosis and other infections
- Rigid bronchoscopy for foreign body retrieval.
- Thermal ablation in the airway: Electrocautery, argon photocoagulation
- MedicalThoracoscopy: for diagnostic and treatment of pleural diseases
- Pleurodesis for recurrent effusions and some benign disorders.
- Cryobipsy of lung for Childhood interstitial lung disease.