MBBS, MCEM ( UK), FEM ( RCGP-UK), PGCGM (XLRI), CCEBDM
Senior Consultant and Head of Department, Emergency Medicine
+91 998 014 1066
Dr. Venkatesh has over 13 years of experience in Emergency Medicine. He has worked with different institutions of Apollo group in his career.
- He has expertise in all areas of emergency medicine with all the emergency procedures and critical care medicine. He is in charge of the Emergency department, Pre-hospital care services, Air Ambulance services, Hospital Disaster Management plan at Apollo hospitals, Bangalore.
- He is a Coordinator for DEM (diploma in Emergency Medicine), DFM (Diploma in Family Medicine)courses at Apollo Hospitals Bangalore in collaboration with RCGP-UK since 2007.
- He is a Regional Coordinator for MCEM (Membership of College of Emergency Medicine – UK). He is also Coordinator for FICM (Fellowship in Intensive care medicine conducted by Medvarsity).
- He is now actively involved in the training of Basic Life Support(BLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support(ACLS), Trauma Management and Disaster Management.
- He is heading and managing the emergency department for several years. He regularly organizes community medical camps and conducts awareness programs on Pre- hospital emergency care and community training on handling medical emergencies.
- Prior to joining Apollo Hospitals Bangalore, Dr Venkatesh was working with the Emergency Department at Apollo Health City at Hyderabad.
- He is the chief faculty and coordinator in First Aid training for Students, Corporate staff & Public. He regularly conducts awareness programs on emergency services, ambulance services and importance of golden hour to the public.
- Apart from his professional activities at his department, he is also actively involved in Quality circle initiatives like Healthcare six sigma and 5-S application in healthcare. He is part of the JCI team which regularly trains the hospital staff in quality.
- Emergency Procedures.
- Emergency medicine training.
- Point of care ultrasound.
- Trauma Management.
- Cardiovascular Emergencies.
- Pre hospital Care management.
- Leadership Development & Administration in ER.
- Airway management.
- Pediatric sedation and management.
- Attended a Workshop on Advanced Airway Management in Conference on the Multidisciplinary Approach to a Patient care at St. Johns Hospital, India in 2001.
- Attended BLS & ACLS (AHA) training at Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad ,India in July 2002.
- Attended a Workshop on BTLS (Basic Trauma Life support) conducted by University of Minnesota at St. Johns hospital in January 2003.
- Attended a Workshop on BLS & ACLS Instructor programme conducted by AHA at Hyderabad, India in 2003.
- Attended a Workshop on Basic Surgical Skill conducted by Plastic Surgery Foundation & Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India in February 2004.
- Attended NDPCH (National Disaster Preparedness course for Hospitals) conducted by Academy of Traumatology & British Council at Hyderabad, India in November 2005.
- Attended a workshop on Emergency Ultrasound conducted by Apollo Health City, Hyderabad, India in November 2006.
- Attended a workshop on PALS conducted by SRMC, Chennai, India in March 2008.
- Attended a workshop on FCCS (Fundamental Critical Care Support) by Society of Critical Care Medicine, USA in January 2010.