Senior Consultant, Histopathology & Cytology
+91 944 803 9949
Dr Swarna Shivakumar, a senior consultant has over 17 years of experience in Diagnostic Histopathology, Gross techniques, special staining and immunohistochemistry.
- Dr. Swarna’s area of expertise involves the Interpretation of Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology, Pap Smears and Body Fluids for rapid diagnosis of various cancerous and non cancerous disorders, Frozen Sections of surgical specimen to guide the surgeons in further management of cases, interpretation of biopsies and immunohistochemistry for immunophenotyping of cancers.
- She is also an expert in the interpretation of FNAC, Guided FNAC and exfoliative cytology.
- She has conducted many clinical autopsies.
- She has been a Professor and Head for Pathology.
- Guided and Non Guided FNAC.
- Laboratory Diagnosis of Breast malignancies, Gastrointestinal cancers, Lymphoid malignancies,Disorders of the female genital tract such as ovarian, endometrial and cervical cancers,Genito urinary malignancies including disorders of the kidney.
- Tumours and other lesions of the brain.
- Dr. Swarna has several publications to her credit namely
- A case report of Sezary Syndrome in IJPM 1994.
- A case report of Pleomorphic Adenoma of Nasal septum in IJPM 2004.
- A case report of Pilocytic Astrocytoma of the optic nerve in Indian journal of Opthalomology.
- A case report of carcinosarcoma of the uterus – Histopathological finding – IJPM 2007.
- A case report of Chorangioma of placenta.
- A case report of steroid cell tumor of ovary.
- A case report of Malignant mixed germ cell tumor of testis.
- She has attended numerous conferences in both National and International levels.
- She has conducted and attended many workshops organized by KCIAPM.
- She has conducted many clinico pathological conferences.