Consultant Urologist, Andrologist and Transplant Surgeon
Dr Sriharsha Ajjur received his medical degree from the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka a premier Health Science University in India. He completed his General surgery training from prestigious Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore. Dr Sriharsha Ajjur finished Genitourinary surgery and Robotic Surgery training from Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (or PGIMER) Chandigarh, India. It is a research institute of national importance and one of the leading institutes in research and tertiary healthcare in the world.
He completed his subspecialty training from UZ Leuven hospital, Belgium under the guidance of Prof. Dirk De Ridder and Prof. Hendrik Van Poppel ( functional and female urology), Asklepios hospital, Hamburg, Germany under the guidance of Prof. Andreas Gross ( LASERs in Urology and Endourology) and from Belgrade center for genital reconstructive surgery under the guidance of Prof. Miroslav Djordjevic (in genital reconstructive urology, sex reassignment surgery and pediatric urology ) . Dr Sriharsha Ajjur was a staff member of the department of urology Rajarajeswari Medical College and hospital in Bangalore. He is presently working as a Consultant Urologist in Apollo Transplant Institute and Department of Urology Bangalore.
Dr Sriharsha Ajjur is certified by the Karnataka medical council. Also, he has held memberships in many professional organizations including the Urological Society of India, New Delhi, India, North zone Urological Society of India, European Association of Urology, International continence society and Société Internationale d’Urologie. Furthermore, Dr Sriharsha Ajjur has authored and co-authored numerous publications for international and national journals.
- Junior resident in Anesthesia and Intensive care, KS Hegde medical academy. Mangalore
- Junior Resident(MS) General Surgery, Bangalore medical college and research institute. Bangalore.
- Asst. Professor in General Surgery, Rajarajeshwari Medical College, Bangalore.
- Senior Resident (MCh), Dept of Urology and Robotic Surgery Postgraduate institute of medical education and research. Chandigarh
- Observership in Lasers in Urology and Endourology in Asklepios hospital, Hamburg, Germany.
- Hands-On Training (HOTs) on laparoscopy and Flexible Ureterorenoscopy . in 12th European Urology Residents Education Program, Prague, Czech Republic
- Assistant Professor. Dept of Urology, RRMCH Bangalore
- Associate Consultant in Urology and Renal Transplant, Apollo Hospitals Bangalore.
- Clinical fellow at Belgrade centre for Genital Reconstruction, Belgrade, Serbia.
- Consultant Urologist and Transplant surgeon – Apollo hospitals, Bangalore
- Reconstructive genitourinary surgery
- LASER Surgery for stones and prostate
- Sex reassignment Surgery
- Penile and testicular prosthesis
- Laparoscopy and Robotic surgery
PRESENTATIONS AND PUBLICATIONS:
- Presented paper in at USICON 2014 titled “A study of quantitative analysis of survivin mRNA in carcinoma urinary bladder and its association with the clinical and histological characteristics of the tumor “
- Presented poster in at USICON 2014 titled “Penile gangrene by non metallic objects: Rare case reports”
- Presented poster in at NZ- USICON 2013 titled “ A rare inflammatory myofibroblastic tumor of urinary bladder mimicking urachal carcinoma managed laparoscopically “ .
- Presented poster in at NZ- usicon 2014 titled “Prostatic malignant paraganglioma: a rare cause of hypertension with nonfunctioning kidney in young adult ”
- Presentation on “ Emerging trends in Genital Surgery ” in Bangalore Association of Urology 2016
- Poornima R, Banu A, Ahmed SM, Sriharsha AS. An usual case of AIDS associated Burkitt’s lymphoma with obstructive jaundice – a case report. The Antiseptic. 2010; 107(3): 113-6
- Kumar S, Agrawal S, kumar J, Sriharsha AS. Large Clitoral Leiomyoma in a Forty-Two Years Old Premenopausal Woman Nephro-Urology Monthly. 2014 May; 6(3): e17022
- Santosh Kumar,Kumar Jayant, Sriharsha AS, Sharwan Kumar Singh, Swati Agrawal.Page Kidney Secondary to Large Splenic Archives of International Surgery , 2013 September-December ; 3 (3) :241-243.
- Kumar S, Singh SK, Jayant K, Agrawal S, Parmar KM, Shankargowda AS. Forgotten Kirschner wire causing severe hematuria. Case Rep Urol. 2014;2014:305868.
- Kumar S, Shankaregowda SA, Choudhary GR, Singla K. Rare presentation of genitourinary tuberculosis masquerading as renal cell carcinoma: a histopathological surprise. J Clin Imaging Sci. 2014 May 27;4:26.
- Kumar S, Shankaregowda SA, Devana SK, Jain S, Singh SK. Single-incision multiport laparoendoscopic technique to repair retrocaval ureter using the Santosh PGI ureteric tacking fixation technique. Asian J Endosc Surg. 2014 Nov;7(4):337-41
- Panwar P, Kumar S, Singh S, Sriharsha AS, Gupta K., Giant abdominoperineal malignant schwannoma: an unusual presentation and surgical challenge. Case Rep Urol. 2015;2015:728062. doi: 10.1155/2015/728062. Epub 2015 Apr 2.
- Santosh Kumar, Omprakash Prajapati, Kim Vaiphei, Kalpesh Mahesh Parmar, A S Sriharsha, S K Singh: Human epidermal growth factor receptor 2/neu overexpression in urothelial carcinoma of the bladder and its prognostic significance: Is it worth hype?. South Asian Journal of Cancer 07/2015; 4(3):115. DOI:10.4103/2278-330X.173164
- S. Kumar, R. Kumar, S. Agrawal, K. Jayant, K. Parmar, A. Sriharsha, R. Mavuduru, S. Singh: Combination therapy of tadalafil and pentoxifylline in severe erectile dysfunction: a prospective randomized trial. Journal of Sexual Medicine 05/2015; 12:150-150
- Submitted dissertation titled “Clinic pathological correlation of right iliac fossa masses” during General Surgery training.
- Submitted dissertation titled “A Study of quantitative analysis of SURVIVIN mrNA in carcinoma urinary bladder and its association with the clinical and histological characteristics of the tumor”, during M.Ch.(Urology) training.