MBBS, MS, Mch(Surgical Oncology)
Consultant Surgical Oncology
Dr. Sindhu V. A. is one of the few registered female surgical oncologists in our country with an overall experience of 14 years (6 Years in her Specialty). Dr. Sindhu has completed her MCh (surgical oncology) from the prestigious King George Medical University, Lucknow.
She has expertise in Head and Neck, Breast, Urogynecological and GI Cancers. She has rich teaching experience with various publications to her credit.
- Consultant surgical oncologist, Apollo hospitals, bangalore.
- Assistant professor, Surgical Oncology at JIPMER, Puducherry
- Senior Resident, surgical oncology at KGMU, Lucknow
- Senior resident, department of surgery, St. Johns medical college, Bangalore
- Laparoscopic training – BEST institute and research centre
Awards and Achievements
- Indian Cancer Congress conference at New Delhi in Nov 2013 – third prize in poster presentation.
- Joint North Zone CME of IASO and UPASI in april 2013 – first prize in poster presentation.
- ASI (Association of surgeons of India)member
- IASO ( Indian association of surgical oncologists) member
- Head and Neck oncology
- Breast oncology
- Gynecological oncology
- GI oncology
- Cancers of upper gingivobuccal sulcus, hard palate and maxilla: a tertiary care centre study in north India, NJMS, 4(2); jul-dec 2013
- Skeletal metastases in gallbladder cancer from a high volume tertiary care centre of north India: a series of rare occurennces, J Gastrointest Canc (2015) 46:36-41