FRCP(London), MRCP (UK), CCST (Gastroenterology)
Senior Consultant, Department of Gastroenterology and Transplant Hepatology
Dr ST Gopal has about 15years of experience in Gastroenterology (Digestive diseases) and Hepatology (Liver diseases).Has vast experience in managing complex gastrointestinal problems. Having completed MRCP, he pursued specialization in Gastroenterology from The Royal college of Physicians, UK (CCST-Certificate of completion of specialist training). He has wealth of experience and expertise in managing complex liver diseases and liver intensive care skills. He has worked at world renowned premier institutes for liver diseases such as King’s College Hospital, London, Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge and St. James’s Hospital, Leeds.
He has played key role in launching first of its kind liver unit in Karnataka and first three consecutive successful liver transplants in BGS Global Hospital, Bangalore. Subsequently, since 2010 he has been pivotal in developing liver services and liver transplant at Apollo hospitals, Bannerghatta road.
- Dr. Gopal is adept in managing critical liver careand emergency therapy of gastrointestinal bleeding.
- Has performed thousands of complex endoscopic procedures.
- All types of endoscopic therapy for gastrointestinal bleeding.
- ERCP-stone clearance, Billiary Stenting, Post-Liver transplant ERCP.
- EUS-Endoscopic Ultrasound and EUS-FNA (Fine Needle Aspiration).
- Endoscopic Bariatric Therapies (for weight loss without surgery).
- Double Balloon Enteroscopy-for small intestinal investigation and treatment.
- Spy glass and Laser Lithotripsy for complex stones.
- One of the few doctors in the country using very minimal sedation for therapeutic endoscopic procedures and does ERCP’s without general anaesthesia.
- Has successfully lead Hepatology department in first-ever successful living donor liver transplant at Apollo.
- Liver diseases
- Hepatology & Liver Transplant
- Advanced Therapeutic Endoscopy
Research and Publications-Dr. Gopal has published abstracts and original articles in GUT and Anaesthesia.
Honors and Awards– He was recently awarded FRCP (Fellow of The Royal college of Physicians) from London for outstanding accomplishments in the field of Hepatology and Gastroenterology.