MBBS, MS(Gen Surgery), DNB(Gen Surgery), FRCS(Edinburgh), M Ch(GI Surgery)AIMS
Senior Consultant, Surgical Gastroenterology & Liver Transplant Surgeon
+91 997 240 0222
One of first qualified Surgical Gastroenterologist of Bangalore, with 17 years of experience in this specialty. Poised with the distinction of having worked in both Medical College and Private Hospitals of various standards in India, heading a busy unit of Laparoscopic & Surgical GI work.
- Over 4500 Laparoscopic/open Cholecystectomy (Gall Bladder Removal), over 1500 Laparoscopic Hernia Mesh repairs, over 1350 Laparoscopic Appendectomy, Robotic surgeries.
- Super specialty proficiency; 580 Bariatric surgeries, 225 Liver resections, 112 Porto systemic shunts, 325 Whipple’s Pancreaticoduodenectomy , 91 Lateral Pancreaticojejunostomy, 12cases of Lap Gastrectomy, 52 cases of Lap Rectopexy, 52 cases of Lap Fundoplication, 285 cases of Hepatojejunostomies for biliary stricture.
- Primary surgeon for 2 living donor Liver transplants.
- Surgically treated 250 pseudocyst of pancreas, 72 Colonic transposition for corrosive stricture oesophagus, 158 cases of oesophagectomy for cancer and 145 cases of Laparoscopic Anterior Resection.
- Gynaecological surgeries like Laparoscopic Hysterectomies and Myomectomies, Endometriosis clearance. Experience in Lap myomectomy of 1300 cases, mostly in Nigeria where incidence of fibroid uterus is very high.
- More than 50 Donor Nephrectomy procedures.
- Over 100+ e – TEPRS (a method for ventral Hernia). Minimal Pain, Quick recovery, small scars, cost effective compared to IPOM procedures, lesser wound complications overall better patients compliance.
- With Urologist assistance, worked as primary surgeon for Laparoscopic Pyeloplasties & Laparoscopic Nephrectomies.
- Proficient in doing Endoscopy & Colonoscopy.
- All general surgical procedures.
- Surgical Gastroenterology.
- Liver transplant.
- Bariatric surgeries.
- Minimal invasive surgeries.
- Lap Gynaecology surgeries
- Has Authored and co-authored several chapters and articles in text books and scientific journals, besides presenting numerous research papers. Some of the papers he has Authored and co-authored are:
- Haemorrhagic and Vascular complications of Pancreatitis, in: J.D.Wig (ed.) The Pancreas – by Bhat RS, Dwivedi DN, Chattopadhyay
- Surgeon and HIV infections. Hospital Today – by Dwivedi DN, Bhat RS, Chattopadhyay
- Solid pseudopapillary tumour of pancreas: A rare neoplasm published in the Indian Journal of Surgery. Co-authored by Miglani Ripan K. Nagesh N. S. Murthy Divakar S. Bhat Ravi Shankar , Nayak Raj Sekhar ,Ashok Kumar K.V
- Immunoglobulin G4-associated cholangitis mimicking cholangiocarcinoma in a young boy. Miglani, authored by RK Murthy D, Bhat R, Kumar and published In J Postgrad Med.
- Presentation, Diagnosis and Management of Hemobilia published in Gastroenterology today, co-authored by Bhat RS, Dwivedi DN.
- Anorectal Anomalies in Adults-Laparoscopic Management and Review of Literature. Ripan K. Miglani, Divakar Murthy, Ravi Shanker Bhat, Kumar K. V. Ashok. Indian J Surg, Published online on 21st Jan 2012.
- Diagnostic Role of Platelet Lymphocyte Ratio(PLR) in Pancreatic Head Masses. Ripan K. Miglani, Neeraj Bhateja, Ravi Shanker Bhat, K. V. Ashok Kumar. Indian J Surg, Published online on 27th March 2012.
- Elective use of intra-aortic balloon pumping during Whipple’s procedure in a patient with ischaemic heart disease. Subramanayam K, Babu B, Bhat R, Reddy S. South Afr J Anaesth Analg 2013;19(1):77-79.
- Total laparoscopic hysterectomywith prior uterine artery ligation at its origin. Vidyashree G poojari, Vidya V Bhat, Ravishankar Bhat. Int J Of Reproductive Medicine Nov 2014
- Contributed widely for research projects. Notable among them are:
- Role of octreotide in lower G.I.bleed: A preliminary report of a prospective randomized study. The results of the research was – Octreotide reduces the blood loss, number of bleeding episodes and time taken for the bleeding to stop
- Diagnostic accuracy of computed tomography in advanced carcinoma gall bladder. The research results were -CECT is sensitive in detecting liver infiltration and lymph node involvement. It is specific in identifying liver metastasis, biliary infiltration. CECT is less specific for lymph node involvement.
- Recipient of Dr.Mahadevan’s award that was given by the Karnataka state Chapter of Association of surgeon of India. This award was issued at for the paper on surgical management of Portal hypertension.