MBBS, DNB (Gen medicine), DNB (Medical oncology)
Consultant Medical Oncologist
+91 9886769060 / 080 26304001
Dr Poonam Maurya is a well trained, only lady Medical Oncologist at Apollo Hospitals Bannerghatta road Bangalore. She had extensive training in various academic centres.
She graduated from the prestigious Grant Medical College and J J group of Hospitals Mumbai in 2004. She completed DNB General Medicine from the esteemed institutions Narayana Hrudayalaya Bangalore in 2010 and subsequently completed DNB Medical Oncology from the premier institutes Apollo Hospitals and Imperial Cancer Institute Bangalore in 2017. She specializes in various solid oncologies like Breast, ovary, lung,colon etc and hematological malignancies such as Lymphomas, leukemias and Bone marrow transplant.
She is very compassionate and also trained in integrative oncology and has adequate experience in holistic approach to cancer patients. She is also currently a trainer and coordinator in a Non Profit Organization called Prameya health Pvt ltd. Several patients have benefited from her holistic integrative oncology approach which includes yoga, meditation, music and dance therapy, physical exercise, aerobics ,neurobics, dietary advice etc.
She is currently working as a team with Dr Vishwanath S, consultant medical oncologist , Apollo Hospitals Bangalore
- Post, graduation worked with National AIDS Control Organisation (MDACS) at J J Group of Hospitals Mumbai.
- After specialization in general medicine she has worked as Junior consultant at Narayana Hrudayalaya.
- She has special interest in solid tumours.
- THESIS: Clinicopathologic significance of Ki-67 in endocrine responsive tumours of the breast ( locally advanced and metastatic breast cancer)
• Title:Sahai-A restorative support to address unmet needs of woman with cancer-impact on quality of life -Annals of Oncology (2019) 30 (suppl_9): ix140-ix150. 10.1093/annonc/mdz434 , Poonam.B. Maurya1, A. Sadanandan2, M. Aal3, S. Ravi4, P.P.P. Bapsy5 Best Poster Award in ESMO Asia congress 2019 held at Singapore.
• Coauthored a chapter in Gastric Cancer Book Editor Dr ashok K Vaid 2019, chapter 2. Etiopathogenesis of Gastric Cancer…. page 19 PP Bapsy, Poonam Maurya, Vishwanath Sathyanarayanan
• Coauthored a chapter in A TEXT BOOK OF CLINICAL ONCOLOGY IN THE INDIAN CONTEXT 2018 EDITOR IN CHIEF : Dr Suresh Sanchetee on bladder cancer Dr P P Bapsy, Dr Poonam Maurya
• 2nd Indian Cancer congress 2017 e Poster presentation YUGP2545 Does Her2neu overexpression influence prognosis of hormone receptor positive breast cancer ? Dr Poonam Maurya
• 2nd Indian Cancer congress 2017- Speaker for the session on novel treatment of soft tissue sarcomas Dr Poonam maurya
• Presented a talk on role Of BRCA in hereditary Breast and ovarian malignancy ICSISCON SURGICAL society conference held in mysore