MBBS, MD(Radiation Oncology)
Senior Consultant, Department of Radiation Oncology
Dr. L. Vijay Bhaskar is one of the eminent Radiation Oncologists in Bangalore, specializing in diagnosing and treating cancer patients.
On completion of post graduate degree from Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology. since 18 years, he underwent training at Long Beach Memorial Medical Center, California in Recent advanced techniques of Radiation Therapy. He is actively involved in various academic and research projects. Currently, as the Secretary of Bangalore Oncology Group, he is also instrumental in organizing and executing numerous seminars and teaching programs.
His special interest being treatment of Head and Neck cancer and Breast Cancer.
- Dr Vijay Bhaskar worked as Consultant Radiation Oncologist @ Curie Centre of Oncology,
Bangalore before joining Apollo Hospitals.
- Dr Vijay Bhaskar has vast experience in diagnosis and treatment of Cancers of the breast,
Gynaecological malignancies, Head and Neck cancers,Brain tumours.
- Secretary Bangalore Oncology Group (Present)
- Secretary ICC 2017 Trade and Exhibition (Present)
- Convener Scientific Committee An Indo Canadian Collaborative Programme, Organized by Kidwai Memorial Institute Of Oncology, Bangalore and London Regional Cancer Program, Ontario,
- Canada ETROC September 9-11 (2005)
- Stereotactic Radio Surgery (SRS)
- Stereotactic Radio Therapy (SRT)
- Intensity Modulated Radio Therapy (IMRT)
- Intensity Modulated Arc Therapy (IMAT)
- Image Guided Radiotherapy (IGRT)
- Situs InversusTotalis Discovered Incidentally at the Age of 84 Years. Lakshman, Vijay Bhaskar, SwaroopRevannasiddaiah, and RavindraGanganna. BMJ case reports 2013 (2013)
- Assessment of Parotid Salivary Gland Function in Head and Neck Cancer Patients Receiving Radiation Therapy Using Quantitative Salivary Gland Scintigraphy.Bangalore Lakshmana Gowda Preethi, Imran Ulla, Vijay Bhaskar, K.P. Suresh, T. Naveen. Pak J Physiol 2011;7(1)
- Recent Advances in Molecular Imaging & Radiation Oncology(2009) – Co-Editor of the Book RAMIRO – 2009
- Study of effect of different dose of radiation on parotid salivary gland function by salivary scintigraphy in head and neck cancer patients receiving radiotherapy : . VISWANATH*(1), I. Ulla (1),Vijay Bhaskar. L(2), S. K. P(3), P. K. P R(1), N. T(1)(1)Radiation Oncology, Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, (2)Radiation Oncology, Curie Centre of Oncology, (3)Biostatistics, National Institute Of Animal Nutrition And Physiology, Bangalore, India . UICC World Cancer Congress 27th Aug to 31st Aug 2008 , Geneva
- Intratumoral Drug Delivery System for Solid Tumours–Lokesh Viswanath1, Praveen BV2, PP Bapsy3, Naveen T1, Sridhar Papaiah Susheela4, Sanjay S Suppe5, Vijay Bhaskar6, Annals of Oncology. Vol 18, 2007, Supplement 9: ix 159-ix 160.
- Development and Evaluation of An Indigenous Reverse Line Blot Assay for Genotyping of Human Papilloma VirusesAbhilash.KV,VijaybhaskarL,GeetashreeMukherjee,BKM Reddy, Jayshree RS Indian J Med Res February 2005, PP 76-77
- Human Pappiloma Virus Genotype in Carcinoma Cervix-A Pilot Study UsingPGMY09/11 Multiplex PCR ELISA/Reverse Line Blot Assay. Vijaybhaskar L, GeetashreeMukherjee,BKMReddy,Jayshree RS. Poster Presented In carcinoma Cervix Workshop Held In National Centre For Biological Sciences, GKVK Campus Bangalore in November 2004.
- Chemo radiation with Concomitant boost radiotherapy in advanced Oropharyngeal cancers. L.VijayBhaskar1, B.K.M. Reddy 1, Kumaraswamy 1, Lokesh 1, PP Bapsy 2, AShenoy 3. ISO & ISMPO Conference, Oct 2004, Bangalore. -26th Annual Conference AROI, Nov 2004, Ludhiana