MBBS,MS (Ortho),MCh. Neurosurgery (CMC Vellore)
+91 776 063 3672
Dr.Karthik has vast experience in this field and has performed more than 1000 neurosurgical procedures including operations on brain tumors, spinal cord tumors, spinal stabilization, stereotactic procedures, traumatic brain injury and spinal cord injury.
- Consultant Neurosurgeon (Assistant Professor) in Neurosurgery, Department of Neurological sciences, CMC Vellore from September 2011 – May 2013.
- Senior registrar in Neurosurgery, Department of Neurological Sciences, CMC Vellore from August 2006 – August 2011
- Consultant and lecturer in Traumatology and Orthopaedics at Medical College, Pune from July 2004 – July 2005
- Stereotactic and functional Neurosurgery
- Microsurgery of brain tumors
- Cranio-vertebral junction surgery
- Spine surgery – Spinal cord tumors, Minimally invasive, instrumented stabilization
- Vascular Neurosurgery – Aneurysms, AVMs
- Middle fossa extradural repair of sphenoidal encephaloceles Krishna Prabhu, Kartik Revanappa Kumbhar, Ari George Chacko British Journal of Neurosurgery 2011 Feb;25(1):124-6.
- Comparison of Nurick grading system and modified Japanese Orthopaedic Association scoring system in evaluation of patients with cervical spondylotic myelopathy. Kumbhar Kartik Revanappa, Rajshekhar V. European Spine Journal. 2011 Sep;20(9):1545-51. doi: 10.1007/s00586-011-1773-y.
- Changes in the range of motion of the cervical spine and adjacent segments at ≥24 months after uninstrumented corpectomy for cervical spondylotic myelopathy. Vedantam A, Kumbhar Kartik Revanappa, Rajshekhar V. Acta Neurochirugica (Wien). 2011 May;153(5):995-1001.
- Short Term Outcome in Children with WHO grade 3 Supratentorial Anaplastic Ependymoma Kartik Revanappa Kumbhar, Ranjith Moorthy, Vedantam Rajshekhar Abstract – Journal of Paediatric Neurosciences; Year : 2010 | Volume : 5 | Issue : 2 | Page : 173-181 Neuropedicon 2010, Hyderabad 20th – 21st November, 2010
Conferences/CME programmes attended and papers presented (Neurosurgery):
- Participated WFNS(World federation of Neurosurgeons)-AANS(American Academy of Neurological Surgeons) education course and CME at Agra 13-14th February 2010
- Participated International Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery Conference (Hands-on Workshop on CRW and Leksell system) at Vellore in September 2009
- NEUROPEDICON 2010, 21st annual conference of Indian society for Pediatric Neurosurgery – Presented a Paper titled: ‘Short Term Outcome in Children with WHO grade 3 Supratentorial Anaplastic Ependymoma’
- ISNOCON 2011, 3rd annual conference of the Indian Society of Neuro-Oncology – Presented a paper titled: ‘Meningeal hemangiopericytoma presenting with intracranial haemorrhage’
- NEUROCON 2011, 60th annual conference of the Neurological Society of India, Bangalore – Presented a paper titled: ‘Assessment of autonomic dysfunction in patients with cervical spondylotic myelopathy (CSM) using the sympathetic skin response (SSR) test’- Got Best Paper Award
- NEUROCON 2012, 61st annual conference of the Neurological Society of India, New Delhi – Presented a paper titled: ‘Posterior Interspinous Wiring – Cervical Spine Flexion Injuries’
Conferences/CME programmes attended and papers presented (Orthopaedics):
- 48th National Annual Conference of Indian Orthopaedic Association, Chennai 18 -21 December 2003 – Presented paper titled: ‘Myths and pitfalls in the management of subtrochanteric fracture’
- 21st Annual Conference of Maharashtra Orthopaedic Association, Kolhapur 5 – 7th November 2004 – Presented paper titled: ‘Cephalomedullary Nailing of Subtrochanteric Femoral Fractures’
- 49th National Annual Conference of Indian Orthopaedic Association, Agra 14 – 19th December 2004 Presented – paper titled: ‘Management of Humerus Fractures by Antegrade Humeral interlocking: Changing trends’
- National Orthopaedic Trauma Update Conference, Baroda 4 – 6th March 2005 Best paper award for presenting paper titled: ‘PFN: A Novel Approach’
- “NAILSCON 2005”, Pune 18- 20th March 2005 Presented paper titled: ‘Nailing of Humeral Fractures: Minimally Invasive technique’