MBBS, MD, DM
Senior Consultant, Interventional Cardiology
+91 984 502 4225
Dr. K.B. Prasad is a Senior Consultant and Interventional Cardiologist with 23 Years of Experience in the field of Interventional Cardiology.He is a specialist with vast experience in treating Acute Heart Attacks.
Most of the Acute Heart Attacks are treated with Primary Angioplasty and Stenting through the Trans-Radial route (Through the Wrist). The Trans-Radial route helps achieve excellent results, greater patient comfort levels, minimal risk of complications and reduced hospital stay.
He has wide range of experience in performing Complex Angioplasties like Bifurcation Stenting, Chronic Total Occlusions, Left Main Stenting etc. Besides Coronary and Peripheral Angioplasty, he also specialises in
Rotablation, Aortic Stent Grafting, Carotid Stenting, Biventricular Pacing, Pacemaker and Heart device implantation, PTMC and ASD Closure.
Dr. Prasad strongly believes that honest and sincere communication with patients goes a long way in touching their lives. He is always searching for new avenues in providing the best cardiac care to his patients and improve their quality of life.
- In a career span of 23 years, Dr. Prasad has done a commendable job in performing Coronary Angiogram, Coronary Angioplasty, Peripheral Angioplasty, Valvulopasties, Device closures of ASD, PDA, Permanent Pacemaker implantation.
- He is proficient in Interventional Cardiology.
- Acute MI Angioplasty.
- Dr. Prasad has presented several papers at various locations across India. These include
- Analysis of Atrial a and v waves in Mitral Stenosis ICC, presented at CSI held in Calcutta.
- Primary PTCA and stenting in AMI-SJIC experience, presented in Bangalore CSI.
- Coil closure of PDA SJIC experience, presented at CSI held in Bangalore.
- He has attended Various Conferences and workshops held at the National and International level. Notable among them are
- Paris course on Intervention.
- Singapore Interventional workshop.