MBBS, MD (General Medicine)
Senior Consultant Physician
+91 988 085 0540
Dr. Jyothsna Krishnappa is a senior consultant in the Department of Internal Medicine at Apollo Hospitals, Bangalore. She is an expert in a wide spectrum of clinical problems & plays a leading role in managing urgent and emergency patients.
- She has more than 14 years of experience as a physician & intensivist.
- She is an expert in handling medical emergencies and Geriatric specialties which deals with the senior citizens of the society.
- She has trained many undergraduate and post graduate medical students in her capacity as an Assistant Professor and examiner at several medical colleges.
- Diabetes Mellitus.
- Anemia evaluation and treatment.
- Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP).
- Thrombocytopenia evaluation and treatment.
- Management of Fever of unknown origin.
- Pain Management.
- A Prospective study of “Transfusion associated Hepatitis with special reference to Hepatitis C” as a part of her Post Graduation course.
- Paper on “Varied Presentations of Cerebral Malaria” and “Two cases of Post Renal Transplant Complications” – presented at clinical meets, API, Bangalore chapter.
- “Meningioma Masquerading as Diabetic Neuropathy”, at the Bangalore Neurological Society.
- Member of the project on “Health Systems Research”, lead by the World Health Organisation (WHO) and conducted by the Department of Community Medicine, at K.I.M.S, Bangalore.
- “Unusual Complications of Acute Viral Hepatitis” papers which were co-authored with Dr. Bhat Rama and Dr. Balasubramaniam.R.
- Member of the Indian Medical Association (IMA).