MBBS, MS - General Surgery, Certified Clinical Attachment Breast Oncology
Senior Consultant – Breast Surgeon
Dr. Jayanti Thumsi is one of the very few lady surgeons specializing in Breast Oncology Surgery and women-related surgical problems. She has 21 years of experience in complete breast care with impressive training from some of the most prestigious institutions in India. Dr. Thumsi completed her MBBS and MS (General Surgery) from Grant Medical College and JJ group of Hospitals, Mumbai. She has also received Breast Oncology training from the Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai (Breast Unit) and training in Breast Reconstruction Surgery.
Her current area of focus remains in Breast related diseases and has performed over 3500 Breast surgeries till date including procedures like Breast Conservation Surgeries, Mastectomies, Non-palpable Breast Cancers, Microdochectomy, Benign (non cancerous) Breast Diseases, LD Flaps, Implant based and Breast Reconstruction Surgeries, Sentinel Lymph node biopsy, etc.
- Senior Consultant, In charge Breast Oncology – BGS Global Hospital, Bangalore – 7 yrs.
- Senior Consultant Breast Surgeon – Sparsh Super Speciality Hospital , Bangalore – 3 yrs.
- Senior Consultant – Sagar Hospital, Bangalore – 10 yrs.
- Ramabai Bapat Scholarship for scoring highest marks among girls of Class 12 in Mumbai Board in 1984
- Received Woman Achiever of Karnataka 2019 by VRL Group, DigVijaya TV, Vijaywani Newspaper
- Received Kengal Hanumanthaiah Karnataka State award 2019 for exemplary contribution to the women of our state in the Medical Field.
- Received a National award – The Chanakya Award by the Public Relations Council of India – Jury Special Award for Medical Inspiration on 6th March 2020
- Association of Surgeons of India.
- Indian Cancer Society.
- Association of Breast Surgeons of India.
- Karnataka state chapter of gynecological oncologists of India
- Breast Conservation Surgeries
- Breast Reconstruction Surgeries
- Nipple Sparing & Skin Sparing Mastectomies
• Worse event-free and relapse-free survival in financially disadvantaged patients with breast cancer in South India. EBCC 9, Glasgow 2014. Abstract number: 141. Poster presentation.
• Outcomes in financially disadvantaged patients with breast cancer in south India. 2014 ASCO Annual Meeting Abstract Number: e17501
• Worse event-free and relapse-free survival in financially disadvantaged patients with breast cancer in South IndiaJournal of Cancer Policy, Volume 13, September 2017, Pages 75-80, Thumsi et al
• Poor prognostic factors and differences in chemotherapy lead to poorer outcomes in financially disadvantaged patients with breast cancer in South India. Breast oncology conference 2014, Kochi, Multi – disciplinary management of breast cancer. Oral presentation.
• A Handy Diagnostic Tool for Preventive Therapy based on Prior Estimation of Metastasis. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) ISSN (Online): 2319-7064 Volume 4 Issue 2, February 2015 www.ijsr.net
• Thumsi et al., (2020) Analysis of risk factors in Breast Cancer: Experience from a single centre from South India. Archives of Oncology Research and Therapy (Arch Onco Resh Ther) 2(1): 1-9