MD (Radiation Oncology)
Senior Consultant and Chief Radiation Oncologist
+91 997 293 0297
Dr. B. K. M Reddy is a dynamic doctor, having a vast experience of over 30 years. He established the department of Radiation Oncology at Apollo Hospitals, Bangalore. He has also served as a professor and HOD before joining Apollo.
- One of the leading authorities in his field, Dr. B K M Reddy has treated more than 30000 patients of various types of cancer. In particular, he has vast experience in the management of breast cancer, Uterine, Cervical cancer, Endometrial Cancers in female, cancer of Oesophagus, Stomach, Rectum & Prostate, Lung Cancers in male.
- He framed the Guidelines for management of various cancers -Breast, cervix, Head & Neck, Prostate, Stomach, and Rectum at Apollo.
- He is a life member of various academic bodies AROI, AMPI, ISO, ICRO, BOG, IMA.
- He is the member of expert Sub Committee on ICMR guidelines for management of stomach cancer.
- He is actively involved in the Multidisciplinary Tumor Board discussions and management of the patients.
- He had special Training in advanced Techniques in Radiation therapy- IMRT, IGRT,SRS, SRT, SBRT, Tomotherapy , Hyperthermia, Brachytherapy, Cyberknife treatment Programme, Clinical Radiobiology Course & Evidence Based Radiation Therapy Course at various centers both in India & abroad (TMH, Mumbai,; P M H Toronto,; London RCC ,Ontario, Canada , Beijing, China,; Long Beach Memorial medical Center, U.S.A.).
- He has trained several Radiation Oncology residents and has been a role model and a teacher for students. In his career spanning more than 30 years, he has imparted his knowledge to thousands of Under Graduates, Post Graduates, students of MD and DM.
- Organ preservation strategies in Breast ,Head and Neck cancers.
- Advanced Radiation therapy techniques- IMRT, IGRT, SRS, SBRT.
- Dr. Reddy has published several scientific articles in National and International journals
- Treatment strategy for Neck metastasis from an occult Head & Neck Primary, Options and outcome, Published in the Pakistan Journal of Otolaryngology.
- Dysgerminoma of the ovary: A retrospective study Authored by B K M Reddy, V.K. Ahuja, V. Kannan, E. Vallikad & N. Anantha. Published in the Australasian Radiology.
- Recent advances in Radiotherapy for the management of cancer-Apollo medicines 2012 Jun, Vol 9, No. 2:pp 111-114.
- Apart from this, he has authored and co-authored innumerable books.
- An expert of international repute, he has presented many papers. Some of Dr. Reddy’s writings which are published at the National level are:
- Role of Adjuvant Radiotherapy in soft tissue sarcoma a retrospective analysis from Regional Cancer Center, India. Authors: K.V. Veerendra Kumar, B. K M REDDY, P.S. Prabhakaran, M. Vijay Kumar, K. Mani. Published in the Journal of Surgery.
- Neck metastasis from an occult primary – the KMIO experience, Published in the Indian Journal of Cancer.
- Hepatocellular carcinoma metastatic to Bones – a case report with review of literature, published in the Indian Journal of Cancer.