MBBS, MS (Gen. Surg), DNB, MCh (CTVS), DNB
+91 810 59 6 7088
Dr. Furtado is a trained Senior Fellow in Adult Cardiac Surgery at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, USA and also gained training in Robotic Cardiac Surgery and Heart Failure Surgery including cardiac transplantation and LVAD implantation.
Dr Furtado did his basic Medical training at Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore and went on to complete his Masters in General Surgery at the same Institute. He obtained his Mch in cardio-vascular and thoracic surgey from Sri Chitra Institute of Medical Sciences, Trivandrum.
He worked as Assistant professor – Cardio-thoracic surgery at Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences and Research, Bangalore from Feb 2009 to Dec 2011 and as Associate professor from Jan to June 2012.
He then spent two years at Emory University, Atlanta honing his skills in advanced cardiac surgical techniques and trained in transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) surgery, aortic surgery including endovascular repair of aortic aneurysms.He gained training in Robotic Cardiac Surgery and Heart Failure Surgery including cardiac transplantation and LVAD implantation.
- Adult Cardiac Surgery at Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA- July 2012 – June 2013
- Adult Cardiac Surgery and TAVR ( Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement) at Emory University, Atlanta, GA- July2013 – June 2014
- Minimally Invasive CT Surgery and TAVR ( Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement) July 2014 – June 2015
- Arterial revascularization for coronary artery disease
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Transcatherter therapies – Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR), Transcatheter Endovascular Aneurysm Repair (TEVAR)
- Aortic surgery/li>
- Surgery for heart failure
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease
- Calcified unruptured sinus of valsalva aneurysm in a child. Furtado AD, Shivanna DN, Peer SM, Mahimarangaiah J. Pediatr Cardiol. 2011 Dec;32(8):1228-30. Epub 2011 Aug 2
- Persistent Left Fifth Aortic Arch with Pentalogy of Fallot. Furtado AD, Manohar SR, Pradhan SK, Pillai V, Karunakaran J. Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2012 Apr;60(3):233-5. doi: 10.1055/s-0030-1271013. Epub 2011 May 9.
- Infected pseudoaneurysm involving a drug-eluting stent. Furtado AD, Bhat SP, Peer SM, Chikkatur. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2011 Apr;12(4):636-7. Epub 2011 Jan 12.
- Paradoxical embolus across atrial septal defect and posterior circulation infract in neurosurgical patients. Furtado SV, Venkatesh PK, Murthy GK, Furtado AD, Hegde AS. Int J Neurosci. 2010 Jul;120(7):516-20.
- The regurgitant mitral valve: A case of mistaken identity. Furtado AD, Pillai V, Panicker V, Karunakaran J. Indian J Thorac Cardiavasc Surg. DOI: 10.1007/s12055-010-0052-6.
- Pulmonary artery bypass for in-stent stenosis following angioplasty for isolated pulmonary Takayasu Arteritis. Furtado AD, Shivanna DN, Rao SP, Bhat S, Suresh S, Peer SM. J Card Surg. 2012 May;27(3):365-7. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-8191.2012.01440.x. Epub 2012 Apr 12
- Aorto-left ventricular tunnel: uncommon site of origin and management – Furtado AD, Peer SM, Bhat S, Mahimarangaiah J. Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann. 2012 Oct;20(5):591-4. doi: 10.1177/0218492312439399.
- A technique for repair of atrio-ventricular canal defect in Dextrocardia – How to do it. Furtado AD, Chikkatur R, Peer SM, Bhat S.Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2012 Jul;42(1):173-4. doi: 10.1093/ejcts/ezs019. Epub 2012 Feb 9.
- Right ventricular outflow tract aneurysm with thrombus. Peer SM, Bhat PS, Furtado AD, Chikkatur R. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2012 Apr;14(4):488-90. doi: 10.1093/icvts/ivr151. Epub 2012 Jan 9.
- Transesophageal echocardiography in surgical management of pseudoaneurysm of mitral-aortic intervalvular fibrosa with aneurysms of right sinus of Valsalva and left main coronary artery. Joshi SS, Jagadeesh AM, Furtado A, Bhat S. Ann Card Anaesth. 2013 Jan-Mar;16(1):40-3. doi: 10.4103/0971-9784.105368
- Valve Surgery and Prosthetic Heart Valves – Iturra S, Furtado A, Thourani VH.
- Alternative access for TAVR – Syed A, Furtado A, Murdock J, Thourani VH
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS)
- European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EACTS)
- International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiothoracic Surgery (ISMICS)
- Asian Society for Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery (ASCVTS)
- Indian Association of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeons (IACTS)
- Cardiothoracic Surgery Network (CTS Net)
- Association of Surgeons of India (ASI)
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)