MBBS, MS, MCh, DNB
Senior Consultant Surgical Oncology
+91 961 110 6700
Dr Anil Kamath is a well experienced senior surgical oncologist in Bangalore. After completing his
undergraduation from Mysore medical college and post graduation from St Johns, he stood first
in the All India Superspeciality entrance test in 2003.
He has done his oncology training from Tata memorial Centre in Mumbai. He has many papers and publications to his credit. He was awarded the prestigious UICC
fellowship and also was recently the recipient of the “Rising Star Award” for oncology category by the
Times of India.
He has successfully performed more than 2000 cancer surgeries on both national and international
patients with excellent outcomes.
He has been performing Robotic Surgery for various cancers and he is experienced in HIPEC surgery for ovarian cancers and peritoneal surface malignancies.
- Senior Consultant Surgical Oncologist at Apollo Hospitals from 2008 to Present
- Consultant surgical oncologist and associate professor at Vydehi Institute of Oncology.
- UICC ICRETT fellowship in the peritoneal surface malignancy from Washington Cancer Center.
- Mch (Surgical Oncology) training from Tata Memorial Hospital Mumbai.
- MS (General Surgery) from St. Johns Medical College, Bangalore.
- MBBS training from Mysore Medical College.
- Robotic Surgery for various cancers
- HIPEC surgery ovarian cancers and peritoneal surface malignancies.
- Head and neck cancers including oral and thyroid malignancies
- Breast cancer
- Lung and other thoracic cancers
- Gastrointestinal cancers – esophagus, stomach , colon and rectal cancers
- Gynecologic cancers- endometrium, cervix and ovary
- Kidney , prostate and bladder cancers
- Cancers of bone and soft tissue sarcomas
- Minimally invasive cancer surgeries both laproscopic and robotic
- Dr. Kamat has presented several papers. His paper presentation on finger re-plantations was done at St John’s Medical College at the state conference organized by the Karnataka Surgeons Association at Hubli.
- He has also co-authored several chapters in books, journals and peer reviews.
- Carcinoma Penis – How late can inguinal metastases occur? Authored by Kamath A, Yuvaraja TB, Tongaonkar HB, Kane S and published in the Indian Journal of Urology 2007.
- Pancreaticoduodenectomy : Technical Considerations Kamath A Kanatkir G, Shrikhande S. This was published in the book: Surgery of Pancreatic Tumours by Dr S. Shrikhande, Friess Helmut, Buchler Markus and was published by BI Publications.
- Pseudoaneurysm of facial artery, authored by Kamath A, Ganesh N, Deshpande M, Kulkarni A, Kulkarni S, DCruz A.
- He has the distinction of having won the first prize for presentation on Morbidity predictors in Genitoperineal Gangrene at the Bangalore Surgical Society Meet.
- He is the member of the Association of Surgical Oncologists, India and also the member of Union International Cancer Control (UICC), Geneva.