M.S (OBG), DNB (OBG), Fellow in Gynaec Oncology
Consultant Gynaec Oncologist
Dr Abhilasha Narayan completed her MBBS & MS degree in Obstetrics & Gynaecology from Bangalore Medical College. Later, did her DNB (Diplomate of National Board) in Obstetrics & Gynaecology. She has a special interest in Gynaec Oncology and did her Fellowship and Residency in Gynaec Oncology from Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bangalore. She is also trained in Colposcopy, administering Chemotherapy and palliative care management of cancer patients.
She has presented scientific research papers at various national conferences and has won Young Gynaec Oncologist award for a paper presentation in 2011 at the annual conference conducted by AGOI (Association of Gynaec Oncologists of India). She has also coauthored and published case reports and research papers in both national and international journals.
- She has worked as a CONSULTANT GYNAEC ONCOLOGIST in KEMPEGOWDA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES (KIMS), Bengaluru and has taught and trained undergraduates and post graduate medical students in Preventive and Operative Gynaec Oncology.
- She also has worked as a CONSULTANT GYNAECOLOGIST & GYNAEC ONCOLOGIST at SPARSH SUPERSPECIALITY HOSPITAL, Yeshwanthpur, Bengaluru.
- Primary Carcinoma of the Fallopian Tube: A Review of a Single Institution Experience of 8 cases. Scientific World Journal, Vol 2014, Article ID 630731.
- Role of cytoreductive surgery and adjuvant taxane with platinum based chemotherapy in treatment of ovarian malignant mixed mullerian tumor (carcinosarcoma): An experience at a regional cancer centre. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences, 2013 sept ;34(34);1627-1636.
- A review of squamous cell carcinoma arising in mature cystic teratoma of the ovary. Under publication in Indian Journal of Cancer.
- Primary ovarian adenosarcoma with elevated Ca 125 levels and normal ascetic fluid cytology: A case report and review of literature. ecancer medical sciences. ecancer 2012, 6;284 D 01: 10.3332/ecancer.2012.284
- Primary Yolk Sac tumor of the endometrium: A rare entity. Indian Journal of Cancer, December 2014;Vol 51:446.