MBBS, MD, DM (AIIMS)
Senior Consultant - Interventional Cardiology
Dr. C M Nagesh functions as an independent consultant doing diagnostic and interventional procedures including complex coronary angioplasties, CTO, bifurcation lesions, left main interventions, primary PCI, balloon valvotomies, pacemaker implantations, ASD, VSD and PDA device closures, and radial angioplasties. He is actively pursuing endovascular work such as venous interventions, peripheral arterial and aortic interventions.
Dr. Nagesh completed his MBBS with a first class and four gold medals from Bangalore University in 1998. He then obtained an MD in General Medicine through Rajasthan University, in 2004. In 2008 he added the DM (Cardiology) degree to his qualifications, studying at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi and has also served at this Institute as a Senior Research Officer (Cardiology) for 6 months. He then joined Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences and Research, Bangalore as Associate professor before joining Apollo Hospitals, Bangalore.
His main area of interest lies in Interventional Cardiology, mainly complex coronary interventions such as left main angioplasties, CTO and bifurcation lesions and peripheral Interventions.
Awards and Achievements:
- Second topper in Final MBBS at Bangalore Medical College.
- Four gold medals in Medicine at Final MBBS exam.
- Jagadeesh Lal Kapila Award (gold medal) for best postgraduate student in Cardiology at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi in 2008
- Felicitated by Bharathiya Sathi Sanghatn, Delhi, for best postgraduate in DM Cardiology.
- Best Poster and case presentation award at Complex Cardiovascular Catheter Therapeutics (C3) Conference, Orlando, USA in Jun 2013.
Dr. Nagesh has many publications to his name and has also presented his papers at national and international conferences, picking up several awards along the way. He has actively participated in many national conferences and held in organising some of them.
- Thesis: Role of F-18 FDG positron emission tomography in diagnosing acute rheumatic carditis (36 patients).
- Thesis: Role of stem cell therapy on mechanical synchronization in idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy (21 patients).
- Clinical validation of a low-cost telemedicine device at a tertiary care hospital.
- Long reviews presented during DM (Cardiology): Cardiac Amyloidosis, One and a half ventricular repair.
- Role of biomarkers in risk stratification of acute coronary syndrome. Nagesh CM, Roy A, Indian J Med Res. 2010 Nov; 132:627-33. Review.
- Vanishing right ventricular outflow obstruction: An unusual presentation of mediastinal lymphoma. Kolhari VB, Nagesh CM, Singh Y, Manjunath CN. Eur Heart J. 2013 Jul; 34(25):1. doi: 10.1093/eurheartj/eht147. Epub 2013 May 2 PMID: 23641012.
- Endovascular treatment of iliac vein compression syndrome (May-Thurner). Budnur SC, Singh B, Mahadevappa NC, Reddy B, Nanjappa MC. Cardiovascular Interv Ther. 2013 Jan;28(1):101-5. doi: 10.1007/s12928-012-0122-3. Epub 2012 Jul 25. PMID: 22829161.
- Paradoxical embolism via a patent foramen ovale. Tarun Kumar, Srinivas Chikkaswamy Budnur, CM Nagesh, Vivek Singla. BMJ Case Rep. 2013. doi:10.1136/bcr-2013-009818.
- Book Chapter: Drug Eluting Stents – How to balance the pluses and minuses. CN Manjunath, CM Nagesh, Ravi S Math. In: Cardiology Update 2009.
- Fatal freely mobile left atrial thrombus: fallout of anticoagulation. Roy A, Naik N, Nagesh CM, Saxena A. J Am Soc Echocardiogram. 2009 Jul;22(7):863.e5-6.
- Preventing a central nervous system catastrophe in a case of Takayasu’s arteritis presenting with critical stenosis of all three arch vessels. Chikkaswamy SB, Rai MK, Nagesh CM, Reddy B, Dinesha B, Manjunath CN. Cardiovasc Interv Ther. 2012 May; 27(2):118-20. Epub 2012 Jan 11.
- Reocclusion and stroke due to immediate plaque protrusion following endovascular treatment of carotid artery successfully treated with intra-arterial urokinase and stent in stent in a patient with Takayasu arteritis with severe disease of all arch vessels. Srinivas BC, Patra S, Reddy B, Nagesh CM, Manjunath CN. Cardiovasc Interv Ther. 2013 Apr 9. [Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 23568587.
- Acute pulmonary embolism being the first presentation of undetected HIV infection:report of two cases. S Patra, CM Nagesh, B Reddy, BC Srinivas, CN Manjunath and M Hegde. International Journal of STD & AIDS 2013; 0: 1–3.
- Idiopathic Dilatation of Pulmonary Artery with Effort Angina. Mallesh Kariyappa, CM Nagesh, Srinivas BC, Manjunath CN. IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences (IOSR-JDMS) e-ISSN: 2279-0853, p-ISSN: 2279-0861. Volume 5, Issue 5 (Mar.- Apr. 2013), PP 32-33.
- Book Chapter (No. 64): Lutembacher Syndrome. Nagamani AC, Nagesh CM. In: A Comprehensive Approach to Congenital Heart Diseases (A Lifelong Odyssey).
- Unusual site of permanent pacing: a case report. Yadav R, Chandra S, Naik N, Nagesh CM, Kothari S. Indian Pacing Electrophysiology J. 2009;9(2):108-11. Epub 2009 Mar 15.
- Percutaneous transseptal mitral commissurotomy in a patient with absent right superior vena cava and aneurysmally dilated coronary sinus. Srinivas BC, Singla V, Reddy B, Nagesh CM, Nanjappa MC. Cardiovasc Interv Ther. 2013 Jul 11. [Epub ahead of print].
- Transjugular approach for successful recanalization and stenting for inferior vena cava stenosis. Srinivas BC, Singh AP, Nagesh CM, Reddy B, Manjunath CN. Cardiovasc Interv Ther. 2013 Jul;28(3):318-321. Epub 2013 Feb 24. PMID: 23435836.
- Cerebral Embolization during AF Ablation–Pathophysiology, Prevention and Management. Nasir Shariff, MD, CM Nagesh, Antha, MD, Manish Roy, MD, Hari Joshi, MD, Vadim Levin, MD. Journal of Atrial Fibrillation. Featured Review : Apr-May, 2013 : Vol 5: Issue 6 : 69-73.
- Book Chapter: Epidemiology of Rheumatic Heart Disease. S Ramakrishnan, CM Nagesh. In: CSI Update 2008.