Learn and understand more on Bariatrics and the surgeries involved.
Weight loss surgery as with any major surgery has risks of which one should be aware off.
These may include:
- An internal leakage of digestive juices into the body cavity
- Wound infection at incision sites
- Hernias – a weakening of the abdominal wall
- Develop gall bladder disease or gall stones – due to weight loss
- Blood clots – may cause a more serious condition called a pulmonary embolism
- Vitamin deficiencies-may be preventable by taking daily vitamin supplements. Periodic lab testing may also be required
- As with any surgical procedure, there is a risk of death