Apollo Institutes of Bones & Joints Expertise
The Apollo Institutes of Orthopaedics enjoy the reputation of being one of the pioneering bone and joint centres in the country with a legacy of innovation and excellence.
The Institutes are at the forefront in offering the latest in Orthopedic treatments and Orthopedic surgical advancements on par with the best centres in the world.
Our Orthopedicians trained at the top centres worldwide, bring with them the latest and best techniques and work in our facilities that have the latest cutting edge technology in terms of equipments, operating rooms, recovery areas and advanced Physical therapy facilities.
We have dedicated & well equipped Orthopedic surgery complexes with laminar flow & various modern equipment like image intensifier, operating microscope, computer navigation system, top of the line arthroscopy system etc.
- The Orthpedic institutes perform surgeries on the bones and joints which include the most current Arthroscopic and Reconstructive techniques. Joint replacements including hip and knee replacements [primary, complex primary & revision replacements] are being done in large numbers with excellent outcomes. Severely damaged joints can be replaced. These artificial joints behave almost like normal joints and could last for about 20-25 years.
- Shoulder surgeries – Arthroscopic rotator cuff and bankart repairs are done routinely by Sports Medicine Specialist allowing the person to go back to his sport activities easily.
- Apollo Hospitals is also a pioneer in Articular cartilage Implantation (ACI). Cartilage regeneration surgery, including micro-fracturing, mosaic-plasty are all performed. The Apollo Cartilage School is leveraging developments in Orthobiologicals and growth factors to herald a new age of regenerative medicine.
- There are dedicated units for Traumatology which involves treatment for polytrauma, monolemic multiple injuries with very minimal down time for the patient.
- We also have modern Sports medicine centres at all our facilities, where most sports injuries (like damage to ligaments, meniscus, cartilage etc. ) can now be treated with key-hole (arthroscopic) surgery.
- We are also one of the few centres having specialised Pediatric Orthopedics units offering the whole range of Pediatric Orthopedics.
- Using a revolutionary combination of CT imaging/mapping, modelling software (virtual) and 3D printing technology, medical miracles like the True Personalized Knee are becoming a reality. Robotic-Guided techniques are also becoming routine at our hospitals.
- Our Physical Therapy units provide rehabilitation and pain management and use sophisticated equipments and protocols to provide recovery in the quickest time-frame.