MBBS, MS (ENT), Post Doctoral training in Head and Neck Oncology
Sr Consultant - ENT, Head & Neck Surgery
+91 984 5016 362
Dr Satish’s approach to the profession is simple as he has committed himself to a lifetime of clinical excellence. He treats patients with utmost compassion, and do the very best he can for every patient referred to him. He believes in policy of complete openness and honesty and explains the disease, treatment protocol and prognosis to each patient. He keeps up to date and follows strong evidence based methodology in treatment and adhere to strict protocols and guidelines in patient care.
Head and neck surgery is the subspecialty of choice, but has developed clinical and surgical skills in subspecialities like otology including cochlear implant surgery, advanced endoscopic skull base surgery, transoral CO2 laser surgery, aesthetic rhinoplasty, voice surgery and laryngotracheal surgeries.
MBBS 22 years, Post MS 13 years
- General Otolaryngology (Adult & Paediatric)
- Head & Neck Surgery
- Performing all head and neck oncosurgery (total laryngectomy, open partial laryngectomies, Commando surgery, neck dissecton, lateral temporal bone resection, maxillectomy, thyroidectomy and parotidectomy)
- Basic flap reconstruction with pectoralis major myocutaneous flap and Deltopectoral flap.
- Laryngeal & Tracheal Stenosis
- Endoscopic CO2 and KTP laser
- Open tracheal resection and anastomosis
- Open resection of stenotic segment and tracheoplasty
- CO2 Laser
- Transoral laser surgery of malignancy (glottis, supraglottic).
- Surgery for obstructive sleep apnoea.
- Complex middle ear surgery for mucosal and squamous disease.
- Facial nerve decompression
- Stapedotomy including laser stapedotomy
- Cochlear Implant (Nucleus, Med el & Advance Bionics)
- Advanced Endoscopic Sinus Surgery for primary and revision surgery
- Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery:
- Pituitary adenoma
- Endoscopic skull base repairs.
- Vocal fold augmentation
- Facial Plastic Surgery
- Experienced in both internal and external rhinoplasty techniques.
- Sinha VR, Mittal R, Nilkanthan A, Mishra A, Singh DK, Ramesh AV, Nair S, Raj P. (2015) Cochlear Implants and Auditory Neuropathy Spectrum Disorder. Pediatr Neonatal Nurs 1(2): doi http://dx.doi.org/10.16966/pnnoa.105
- Mittal R, Ramesh AV, Panwar SS, Nilkantan A, Sinha VR, Nair S, et al. Mapping of pediatric cochlear implant recipients using electrical auditory brainstem responses as a tool. Indian J Otol 2015;21:14-8.
- Nair S, Mohan S, Nilakantan A, Gupta A, Malik A, Gupta A. Impact of 18F-Fluorodeoxyglucose Positron Emission Tomography/Computed Tomography Scan on Initial Evaluation of Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma: Our Experience at a Tertiary Care Center in India. World J Nucl Med 2015;14:19-24.
- Gupta A, Nair S, Nilakantan A, Sood A. Aggressive Fibromatosis of Head and Neck in a child. Indian J Otolaryngol head Neck Surg. Vol 67 (1) (2015), Page 154-157 (DOI) 10.1007/s12070-014-0796-1.
- Venkatesh MD, Datta R, Satish. Noise Induced Hearing Loss in Armed Forces. Journal of Combat Medical Support and Logistics, Vol 3, No 2, 2013-2014:38-43.
- Nair S, Sood A, Nilakantan A, Ramesh AV, Gupta A. A Survey of Noise Induced Hearing Loss in Indian Air Force Personnel by Extra High Frequency Audiometry. Ind J Aerospace Med 2014;58(1):21-26.
- Malik A, Nair S, Nilakantan A. Laryngeal framework surgery for adductor spasmodic dysphonia. J Laryngol Voice 2014;4:28-31.
- Malik A, Ramalingam WVBS, Nilakantan A, Nair S, Ramesh AV, Raj P. Comparison of the use of silastic with titanium prefabricated implant in type I thyroplasty. Braz J Otorhinolaryngol. 2014;80:156-60
- Nair S, Mohan S, Mandal G, Nilakantan A. Tracheal Stenosis: Our Experience at a Tertiary Care Centre in India with Special Regard to Cause and Management. Indian Journal of Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery: Volume 66, Issue 1 (2014), Page 51-56
- Nair S, Ramalingam WVBS, Bharadwaj R, Ramesh AV, Malik A, Mohan S. Benign Fibrous Histiocytoma of the ethmoids. Med J Armed Forces India. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.mjafi.2014.03.007
- Mohan S, Nair S, Prasad M, Nilakantan A, Malik A. Inverted papilloma of frontal sinus with intracranial extension. Med J Armed Forces India. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.mjafi.2013.10.009
- Nair S, Ramalingam WVBS, Bharadwaj R, Mohan S, Malik A. Angiomyxolipoma: Unusual swelling of oral cavity. Med J Armed Forces India. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.mjafi.2013.11.002
- Nair S, James E, Awasthi S, Nambiar S, Goyal S. A Review of the Clinicopathological and Radiological Features of Unilateral Nasal Mass. Indian Journal of Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery. Aug 2013, 65:S199-204
- Ramalingam WVBS, Nair S, Mandal G. Malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumour of the oral cavity. Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Oct 2012; 70(10): e581-e585.
- Mittal R, Ramesh AV, Panwar SS, Nilkantan A, Nair S, Mehra PR. Auditory neuropathy spectrum disorder: its prevalence and audiological characteristics in an Indian tertiary care hospital. International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology. September 2012; 76(9):1351-1354
- Nair S. Nasal Breathing Exercise and its Effect on Symptoms of Allergic Rhinitis. Indian Journal of Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery Apr – Jun 2012; 64(2):172-176. DOI: 10.1007/s12070-011-0243-5.
- Ramalingam WVBS, Nair S, Ramesh AV, Gupta DK, Kumar A. Combined Laryngocele Secondary to Localized Laryngeal Amyloidosis. Indian Journal of Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery. Apr – Jun 2012; 64(2): 193-196. DOI: 10.1007/s12070-012-0497-6.
- Nair S . Importance of Ethmoidal Roof in Endoscopic Sinus Surgery. Open Access Scientific Reports. Aug 2012; 1: 251. doi:10.4172/scientificreports.251.
- Nair S, James E, Chugh R. An unusual case of recurrent post aural abscess. Indian J Otolaryngol head Neck Surg.: Volume 63, Issue 1 (2011), Page 58-60
- Nair S, Dutta A, Rajagopalan R, Nambiar S. Endoscopic Sinus Surgery in Chronic Rhinosinusitis and Nasal Polyposis: A Comparative Study. Indian Journal of Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery. Volume 63, Number 1 (2011), 50-55, DOI:10.1007/s12070-011-0
- Nair S, James E, Dutta A. A rare case of mucopyocele in the compartmentalised maxillary sinus. Indian J Otolaryngol head Neck Surg. (Aug –Sep 2010) Vol 62, Supp 2;S222-224.
- Lt Col S Nair, Col RS Bhadauria, Lt Col S Sharma. Effect Of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery On Asthmatic Patients With Chronic Rhinosinusitis. Indian J Otolaryngol head Neck Surg (July-Sep 2010) 62(3) (Rhinology):285-288
- Nair S, James E, Dutta A, Goyal S. Antrolith in the maxillary sinus: an unusual complication of endoscopic sinus surgery. Indian J Otolaryngol head Neck Surg. (Jan –Mar 2010) Vol 62, No 1;81-83
- Lt Col S Nair, Col RS Bhadauria, Lt Col S Sharma. Impact of endoscopic sinus surgery on symptom manifestation of chronic rhinosinusitis. Med J Armed Forces India. Jan 2010, Vol 66, No 1.
- Awasthi SK, Satish, A Comparative study of nasal endoscopy vis-à-vis conventional rhinoscopy in aircrew. Ind J Aerospace Med 2010;54(2):30-37.
- Lt Col S Nair, AVM R C Kashyap. A study of the prevalence and severity of noise induced hearing loss in Indian Air Force personnel. Med J Armed Forces India 2009;July;66
- Nair S. Correlation between symptoms and CT scan findings in patients of chronic rhinosinusitis: a modified CT scan typing system. Rhinology.2009;47(2):181-186
- Lt Col S Nair, AVM R C Kashyap. Significance of 6 KHz in noise induced hearing loss in Indian Air Force personnel. Indian J Aerospace Med; Dec 2008
- Nair S. Indian J Otolaryngol head Neck Surg Vol Apr – Sep 2008;60 Role of rhinomanometry to assess nasal airflow and resistance in patients undergoing septoplasty” IJOHNS (April-Jun 2008) 60, 133-136
- Lt Col S Nair, Maj A Bahal, Col RS Bhadauria. Lobular Capillary Hemangioma of Nasal Cavity. Med J Armed Forces India 2008; 64: 270-271.
- Nair S. Laryngoscope. Mar 2009: 617 In reference to The Role of Allergy and Smoking in Chronic Rhinosinusitis and Polyposis.Laryngoscope.2008;118: 1521-1527
- Lt Col S Nair, Maj A Bahal, Col ML Gupta, Col R Lakhtakia. REAH: Unusual Case of Unilateral Nasal Blockage. Med J Armed Forces India 2008;64:280-81.
- Col RS Bhadauria, Lt Col S Nair, Dr DK Pal. A Survey of Deaf Mutes. Med J Armed Forces India 2007;63:29-32.
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES
- Life Member:
- Association of Otolaryngologists of India. (LM 3590)
- Foundation for Head & Neck Oncology, India.
- The Cochlear Implant Group of India.
- Indian Academy of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery (IAOHNS). (LM 68)
- Laryngology and Voice Association of India.
- Skull Base Surgery Society of India (SBSSI-279)
- Association of Otolaryngologists of India (Delhi Branch)
- Member Governing Council AOI (Delhi Br): 2014-15
- Authored Book:
- “Manual of Postgraduate Teaching in Head and Neck Oncology – 2013”.
- “Manual of Head and Neck Oncology- Ver 2015”
- Co-authored Book:
- “Manual of Clinical Audiology & Neonatal Hearing – 2013”
- Authored Chapter:
- “Impedance Audiometry’ Handbook of Practical Audiology – 2011