MBBS, FRCP(Edinburgh), MD(Dundee), CCT(Rheumatology and Internal Medicine, UK)
+91 879 299 3073
Dr Pradeep Kumar is a Consultant Rheumatologist working at Apollo Hospitals, Bangalore having over 15 years of experience in this field.
- Over 15 years of experience in UK with 6 years of experience as a consultant in Scotland. Dr. Pradeep is also currently an examiner for Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh and is also involved in the question writing panel for MRCP rheumatology exit exams in UK.
- He has pioneered the telerheumatology service in UK and has been nominated in the final round of Scottish Innovative Health Award in 2012.
- In UK,he was a principal investigator for several clinical trials using biologic agents.
- He has completed his research thesis on cardiovascular aspects of rheumatoid arthritis and continues his research interest in this field.
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Ankylosing spondylits
- Vasculitis and SLE.
- Presented papers at the International and National conferences
- Renal artery stenting at EUROPCR-2012
- Primary PCI in anomalous coronary at TCT-2012
- Aortic dissection post PCI at ECC Laussanne-2013
- Kumar P and Banik S – Pharmacotherapy options in Rheumatoid arthritis – review. Clinical medicine insights: Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Disorders 2013:6 35-43. Doi: 10.4137/CMAMD.S5558
- Kumar P, Khan F, Kennedy G, and Belch JJF – Rosuvastatin improves CRP but not disease activity in patients with rheumatoid arthritis – Scottish Medical Journal 2012 May;57(2):80-3. doi: 10.1258/smj.2012.012004.
- Galarragga B, Khan F, Kumar P, Pullar T, Belch JJF, Etanercept improves inflammation associated arterial stiffness in rheumatoid arthritis. Rheumatology. 2009 nov;48 (11) : 1418-23
- Kumar P, Strang A, Ho M, Maple C, Radederstoff D, Morley K, and Belch J. The Effects of Borage Oil Supplementation on Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug Requirements in Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis. Journal of complementary and Integrative Medicine. Volume 5, Issue 1 (2008)
- Galarraga B, Kumar P, Khan F, Pullar T, Belch JJF. CRP – an independent predictor of microvascular changes in patients with rheumatoid arthritis – Rheumatology (Oxford). 2008 Dec;47(12):1780-4. Epub 2008 Oct 14
- Rajput-Ray M, Kumar P and Belch JJF. SF 36 in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. The effects of rosuvastatin. Scottish Medical Journal 2008 53(3):49-51
- Galarraga B, Kumar P, Khan F, Pullar T, Belch JJF. CRP – an independent predictor of microvascular changes in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Scottish Medical Journal 2008 53(3):49-51
- Galaragga B, Kumar P, Pullar T, Oliver B. The role of ultrasonography and triple phase bone scintigraphy for detection of early inflammatory arthropathy. Rheumatology. 2004;42(Suppl 1):369
- Kumar P, Pullar T. Perceptions of fibromyalgia among rheumatologist in Scotland. Rheumatology. 2004;42(Suppl 1):60.