MBBS, MS (Ortho), FRCS (Ortho & Trauma)
Senior Consultant, Orthopaedics
+91 984 520 8939
Dr. J. Lakshmikanth is one of the leading authorities in the Country for the treatment of Joint replacements of Hip & Knee and Spine surgery. He is in this profession for more than two decades.
- Before joining the Apollo Hospital Bangalore, he has worked at various hospitals of high repute in UK and India and has gained immense knowledge and experience in his field.
- Dr. Lakshmikanth has to his credit of performing more than 3000 Procedures in the UK, and has gained experience to handle Primary and Revision Total Hip and Total Knee Replacements, Total Shoulder, Total Elbow Replacements, Arthroscopy, in addition to the routine Trauma.
- He has conducted more than 5000 Orthopaedic procedures. In his vast experience, he has performed about 1000 spinal surgical procedures, including spinal deformity corrections and 800 joint replacements of hip & knee.
- Dr. Lakshmikanth is a specialist in treating complex pelvis and acetabular trauma. He has also performed a number of anterior column fixations through ilioinguinal approach.
- He secured his Fellowship in Spine under the able guidance of renowned Professors. Prof. R A Dickson and Mr. P A Millner at St. James’s University Hospital, Leeds England, trained him in all aspects of Orthopedics Spinal Surgery with a special emphasis on Scoliosis and complex spinal reconstructive surgery both anteriorly and posteriorly from skull to sacrum.
- Joint replacements of Hip and Knee and Spinal deformity corrections.
- Performing complex surgeries of pelvis and acetabular trauma.
He is a Spinal Fellow at the Department of Spinal Surgery, St. James University Hospital in Leeds, UK.