MBBS, MD(Medicine), DM(Cardiology)
Senior Consultant, Interventional Cardiology
+91 984 502 6010
Dr. B Ramesh is the leading cardiologist in the country, having 25 years of experience. He is instrumental in bringing department of Cardiology to a world class standard.
- Dr. Ramesh has immense experience in Clinical and Interventional Cardiology.
- He has to his credit of performing more than 5000 angioplasties, 500 Device closures for Atrial Septal defect and over 7000 Balloon Mitral Valvotomies.
- He is a highly experienced Cardiologist in Pacemaker implantations.
- He is probably the only doctor in India, for having performed 132 Percutaneous Transluminal Septal Myocardial Ablation for Hypertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathy, which is the largest number in the country.
- Balloon Mitral Valvotomy.
- Alcohol Septal Ablation for HOCM.
- Dr. Ramesh has presented several papers, many of which appeared in various Journals. Some of the popular papers were
- Low Blood Pressure Myth or truth – Epidemiologic study of 1000 Factory Workers. Physician section was read out at the API & CSI Conference in Bellary.
- Left Atrial enlargement – ECG Correlation with Echo Best paper – Cardiology Section 1992 was organized at the South Zone API Conference in Bangalore.
- Internal Mammary artery graft patency assessment by Doppler Study – Cardiology Section this was held in Mysore at the API & CSI Conference.
- Prediction of Feasibility of MV repair in rheumatic valve disease based upon the intra posterior mitral leaflet triangle area.This paper was presented at the IAE, Bangalore.
- V4 R – Lead – sensitivity foe detecting Ischemia during stress test. Coronary angiogram correlation cardiology section. This was presented at the API & CSI conference held in Bellary.
- He has received the Best Paper Award in the Cardiology Section for his presentation on “Estimation of PA pressure by VSD Gradient – Haemodynamic Doppler Correlation”.
- Some of his papers which appeared in the various Journals are
- Pulmonary Hypertension in SLE JAPI.
- Gastro esophageal Fistula – JAPI.
- Pulmonary Balloon Valuloplasty – our experience – Karnataka Medical Journal.
- Diastolic Dysfunction in Coronary Artery Disease – JAPI.